prayers and vibes for my exbf and son

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got a message from my ex bf and he really needs prayers and vibes, the otherday he and his wife were putting together their son's birthday party. In all of the confusion the baby got outside and about 15 minutes later they noticed him missing. My ex "R" ran outside and found him face down in the pond. He wasnt breathing, no pulse was blue and had water flowing from his nose and mouth. His MIL and the perimedics were finally able to revive him and he is in PICU. He has had an EEG and CAT scan and both came back clean, and tomorrow he will have another EEG and a MRI. They are praying there is no perminate damage. "R" blames himself and is really down and upset, naturally. I just wish i could make him feel better. Please keep them in your prayers, i should have an update sometime tomorrow. Baby's name is Aidan.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Thats horrible! I hope everything turns out fine on the test!
And just remind him that it was no ones fault and it could have happened to anyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
btw i wish i could edit the title, i was upset when i typed it and didnt realize i left out the word "his", its not my kid. just to clarify that.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't matter if it was his biological son or not, I'm sure he feels like he's his son. And many prayers and vibes going out to the whole family . I know how I would feel if something like that happened, but make sure he knows it wasn't his fault. Every parent has horror stories of "I just turned my back for a second..." that's part of parenting. Believe me, if my parents were alive, they could tell you all kinds of stories!

It sounds like the test results they have gotten back so far look good, so hopefully there won't be any long term damage.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers for your ex and his son. The test results sound encouraging. Things like that happen so fast. Here's some also. Please let us know how things are going!

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope he is ok, vibes going his way now

Take note

I have had two people I know lose a child through drowing in a pond. If you have a pond and very small children, then either put a sturdy wire grid over it, or fence it off. Litttle do some people realise that a child can even drown in a small puddle of water an inch deep.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have a pond in england, and just like your ex bf, my father just turned his back for a second doing the gardening, realised i was missing and saw me in the pond, my dad grabbed me out of the pond, turned me upside down, smacked me on the back and rushed me to the hospital near by.
Luckly everything was fine and that he had caught me early enough.
That very day he bought cement and drained the pond and cemented it over!

Ponds are lovely, but not with small children nearby

I hope the very best for your ex bfs child!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone. i will pass on your well wishes when i hear from them tomorrow(later today i guess since its after midnight).

i believe this is the link to the story, i found it online just now... http://www.wsoctv.com/news/15322097/detail.html

everyone is right, it only takes a second for something to happen, and around water its never good. in college one of the women in the apt just down from us had just gotten her new baby out of the bath and went to dress it, when she came back into the bathroom to get some baby lotion her toddler had fallen into the bathtub that only had a few inches of water and had drown because he couldnt pull himself up. if i ever had a kid i would be so peranoid the poor thing wouldnt be out of my site, things like this scare the dickens out of me.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is part of the email i recieved from "R" this morning when i woke up. This really scares me that he was fully unresponsive to stimuli, even if he was responsive the day before. Please keep him in your prayers and i will update again as soon as i hear anything.

His vitals are stable, but the next several days are going to be crucial to how fully he recovers (CT Scans, Neurology Tests, etc.). The EEG performed earlier today showed brain activity, even though he was unresponsive to stimuli (pain, lights in eyes, etc.). Last night he was very responsive, so this could have been due to the sedation. We are awaiting results from a CT scan from earlier today.

here is the lil guy we are so worried about

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His family and that cute little boy are in my thoughts and prayers!
I hope everything turns out okay.