TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › So our car got creamed.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So our car got creamed.......

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I sent my SO food shopping yesterday and on his way a woman lost control behind him, swerved, hit a bridge and bounced off it into our car. The left side is destroyed; I want to cry when I look at it! The poor woman staggered out of her car and fainted but thankfully no-one was badly hurt.

The worst part is, the woman had just picked up her new car which is now a write-off. She also doesn't have a full licence which will cause her a lot of hassle insurance-wise. It's our car's first accident . Luckily my parents are on holidays and left their car at our place so I can use theirs.
post #2 of 15
im sorry to hear that, being in a car accident my self i can tell you even though is minor its a complete shook up!

One thing im wondering though... how can one drive if she doesnt have a full license? isnt it illegal?
post #3 of 15
wow, talk about some bad luck!

Glad no one was hurt!!
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
im sorry to hear that, being in a car accident my self i can tell you even though is minor its a complete shook up!

One thing im wondering though... how can one drive if she doesnt have a full license? isnt it illegal?
Her son who has a full licence was in the car with her so she is allowed to drive. The laws here are ridiculous; if you fail your test you can drive straight out of the test centre. That's for a whole other thread!!
post #5 of 15
How can you not have a full liscense?

I hope things work out for you!! Good luck with trying to get everything fixed. I've been there, so I know how hard it can be!
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck4582 View Post
How can you not have a full liscense?

The way it works over here, you start on a provisional license. You're allowed 2 of these at 2 years each before you have to do your test. You're not supposed to drive unaccompanied during this time but no-one actually enforces or obeys this law. It's disgraceful but in the process of changing.

The system is terrible; we have one of the worst road safety records in Europe. People pass their tests because they want to and for cheaper insurance, not because it's an enforced law.
post #7 of 15
I hope you can get it fixed... that is a stupid system I thought the Canadian driveing system was flawed
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
The way it works over here, you start on a provisional license. You're allowed 2 of these at 2 years each before you have to do your test. You're not supposed to drive unaccompanied during this time but no-one actually enforces or obeys this law. It's disgraceful but in the process of changing.
That's not too different then it is here. Driver's permit, the person can drive but must be accompanied by a licensed adult.

Glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt or worse - that's all that truly matters. Cars and car repairs may be expensive but ultimately they're replaceable, lives aren't.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
The woman who caused 4000 euro worth of damage to our car is now trying to claim she didn't hit it!! She appears to be off her rocker. I am so mad right now especially since this will totally hold up the claim and we are carless!!
post #10 of 15
What?! How can she say that?!
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Because she's nuts?! The insurance company are basically saying they have conflicting reports and they have to investigate. Her paintwork is all over our car for God's sake!
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
Because she's nuts?! The insurance company are basically saying they have conflicting reports and they have to investigate. Her paintwork is all over our car for God's sake!
Oh thats not good when there are conflicting reports . Over here it pretty well means they will consider the accident 50/50 fault.

People that lie about their accidents are criminals

I really hope they realize it wasn't his fault.
post #13 of 15
Oh for pete's sake!!!!! Do you have any witnesses that weren't involved in the accident? Did you have the police come to the scene? They should be able to clear it up. You always want to call a police officer to come to the scene and decided what happened.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
Oh for pete's sake!!!!! Do you have any witnesses that weren't involved in the accident? Did you have the police come to the scene? They should be able to clear it up. You always want to call a police officer to come to the scene and decided what happened.
There was a witness and a police officer but the insurance company is telling me it will take 2-3 weeks to get their report through. The guy from her insurance company is making me really really mad; basically acting as if I'm lying!! I spoke to a friend who works in the police station and she said if this woman persists in lying, they can charge her with careless driving.

I feel like crying. Both myself and my partner are safe drivers and this woman has ruined our car and our no-claims bonus. She just sits back and denies it all!
post #15 of 15
Sounds like she's putting too much effort into lying when there are witnesses and police reports, I wonder what she's hiding? And as for their insurance guy, he's just doing his job to make money, don't get so fussed up about him. He may or may not know the whole truth with that woman denying everything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › So our car got creamed.......