Cat N Dogs - Proceed with caution – graphic

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously, this is so nasty I think I am going to throw up. 2 of my dogs ( I have 3 of them) like to lick my cats butt. I get on to them for this, as it is yucky. They also like to eat cat poo, but I fixed that little issue years ago. And of course the cat, being a cat, likes to tease them, chase me, get into trouble, ya guys with dogs and cats know how it goes. Or maybe I am alone in this

So today it is nice outside I have the blinds up, the warm sun is shining through the big windows in the living room. All is well. The cat is walking around on a window seal. One of the big dogs saunters up to kitty and kitty puts her butt in their face (as usual) I get ready to say hey! to stop any bad thoughts but before I can say anything the cat's butt squirts clear stuff all over the window and the seal, barely missing the dog, the dog likes this, which gets the other dogs attention too to check it out. Since the sun is shining so bright I can see everything really clear in the window. What a view. My face goes pale white as I get up as quick as I can from eating my lunch and clean up the mess. My lunch is now in the trash and I am disgusted.

The cat loves the dogs. The cat loves to groom the dogs, and the dogs love to groom the cat, I only let them groom her head and ears, if I don't watch every single interaction they will start to go after her bum, it is beyond disgusting to me, and to make it even worse she will squirt stuff. This gives a whole new meaning to cats and dogs now doesn't it.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure why I read this thread!! Just my curious nature I suppose!! I have never heard of a cat doing that!! That is nasty!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having owned dogs and cats before I can only tell you your dog's behavior sounds completely normal. I guess you could look at it this way: it is just less scooping you have to do. But seriously, my dog was always in the cat box eating whatever he could. As far as the butt sniffing: This is totally normal. It is not in any way gross to dogs. It is only gross to you!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

I am not sure why I read this thread!! Just my curious nature I suppose!! I have never heard of a cat doing that!! That is nasty!!

That is nasty.....

I have one certain dog that eats cat poo, and it makes me so mad!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Having owned dogs and cats before I can only tell you your dog's behavior sounds completely normal. I guess you could look at it this way: it is just less scooping you have to do. But seriously, my dog was always in the cat box eating whatever he could. As far as the butt sniffing: This is totally normal. It is not in any way gross to dogs. It is only gross to you!
Normal... Jake thinks cat poop is a gourmet treat

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....what is it about cat poo. Sometimes after I scoop I throw the little bag of poo on the back porch to take it to the trash can later. If I forget and it sits out overnight the racoons rip open the bag and eat all the poo out of it. These coons are not starving either. They just seem to like to eat it. YUCK. It always grosses me out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Thank you. I know kitty crunchies are a normal thing for dogs to like, as sicko as it is.
All dogs have been banned from even being able to view the litterbox for ages now but this clear liquid.
This is not the first time this has happened. It is freaking GROSS too.

Sorry for those that read it and were digusted, I tried to warn you. Just be glad you didn't have to actually SEE it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AudioCat

Hmmm....what is it about cat poo. Sometimes after I scoop I throw the little bag of poo on the back porch to take it to the trash can later. If I forget and it sits out overnight the racoons rip open the bag and eat all the poo out of it. These coons are not starving either. They just seem to like to eat it. YUCK. It always grosses me out.
No way! That is crazy!

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

No way! That is crazy!
It's truely gross. Especially when you have to clean up whats left. You'd think they would not eat it with it being covered by litter, but that doesnt seem to stop em.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad my cats and dogs aren't "that" intimate!!!

My litter boxes are always well out of puppy reach too...JUST for the whole discusting cat box diving thing...blecchhh!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what exactly is this clear liquid?

sorry, i've just never heard of something like that before...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats do have 'anal' glands sort of like dogs...perhaps she is shooting those off...
When I was grooming full time, I hated when I would get a cat pretty much done, and then all of a sudden something would scare it enough to have it shoot out anal nasties...not poo, just that clearish stuff you are talking about...
Back in the tub that cat had to go!!!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i asked my vet about the 'poop' eating as my rb dog leo was a huge fan of litter lunches. he said that basically cat poop is concentrated cat food and that it would do leo no harm.

having said that, leo would insist in coming right up to me and breathing his litter breath in my face whenever he had partaken of a tasty morsel.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Cats do have 'anal' glands sort of like dogs...perhaps she is shooting those off...
When I was grooming full time, I hated when I would get a cat pretty much done, and then all of a sudden something would scare it enough to have it shoot out anal nasties...not poo, just that clearish stuff you are talking about...
Back in the tub that cat had to go!!!
If it was the cat's anal glands I would think that you would know it for sure by the horrible smell, though. I didn't hear any mention of a disgusting, overpowering smell in the OP?