*****KatKwiz - Feb. 17 - 3553*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rounded off to the nearest tenth of a percent, ________% of active TCS members are premium members.

Note: The cats are watching for any premium member changes and variations of active members.

Answer in eight hours (or so).

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got 5.65% which would be 5.7% rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

I got 5.65% which would be 5.7% rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent.
Hey! The last three times the cats came up with a math problem, 8 hours went by with no correct answer! So I was getting ready to leave the house, confident nobody had the correct answer yet. However you did it!

Yep, you are the mathematical KatKwiz Whiz for today!
Congratulations, 3553 points are headed your way!

My answer: First, see how many active members there are by selecting Cat Forums above and then looking in the very lower right hand corner. At the time I looked, it was exactly 2000 and by your answer, it appears it was the same. (It is 1997 right now.) Next, scrool up a bit and select View Forum Leaders. Here you will find a list of premium (paying) members. Unlike yesterday, I did not see an easy mouse over way of getting the number so I used the old fashioned method: I counted! I got 113 premium members. 113 divided by 2000 yields 5.65%, rounded off to 5.7%.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks
I had myself convinced that I wasn't right about this one, but I gave it a shot anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

Thanks
I had myself convinced that I wasn't right about this one, but I gave it a shot anyway.
Aw c'mon, math is math! You musta known you had it!