A winged friend!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A week or so ago I noticed a caterpillar on the side of our house. A day or so later it turned itself into a crysalis. And today when I woke up I was greeted with a beautiful new winged friend! She is a monarch butterfly and she is still on the side of our house letting her winngs dry and get rigid! She is so pretty!

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I look at it as an omen. Rachel moved back home and the butterfly emerged on the side of the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It flew away! It is now flying around the front yard like a crazy person. Probably thinking " How do I work these things?!" lol
buhbye pretty butterfly!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i love watching things like that, i used to love finding locusts(cicada) in their shells and watch them emerge and dry. its simply amazing how perfect life is when you take the time to notice. God and his works are truly amazing!

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

It flew away! It is now flying around the front yard like a crazy person. Probably thinking " How do I work these things?!" lol
buhbye pretty butterfly!
Probably looking for a instruction booklet

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

i love watching things like that, i used to love finding locusts(cicada) in their shells and watch them emerge and dry. its simply amazing how perfect life is when you take the time to notice. God and his works are truly amazing!
Last summer I found a cicada in the yard that was just about to come out of the shell. I picked the little guy up and put him in a tree so he could do his thing. A few hours later I found the shell hanging on the tree trunk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the picture is of the underside of her wings. I could not get her to open her wings long enough to get a picture, but she is a monarch, the inside was orange and black. Seems they are the only kind we have around here. . .