Who has a cat that likes to be covered up?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the first night I took Lexi in I have had her in bed with me. I would have her curl up right beside me and then cover her up with the blanket. She stretches out when she sleeps next to me almost like a human.

Since this has become a nightly ritual....when it's cold...she wants under the cover and just loves to be covered up. I know that this is a very uncommon characteristic among cats.

How many of you have cats that like to be covered up?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has slept under the covers with us from the very first night we had her.
Her Sister Lizzie did the very same thing.
Elliott will burrow under the comforter after the bed is made to take his afternoon nap, but doesn't do it at night.
Annabelle the wild child would never get under the covers...she's just to nosy..she's afraid she might miss something!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dushka has always slept by me under the covers. Sometimes she will poke her head out, other times she is right underneath. Ellie will sometimes, and she likes to go right down by my feet. The others prefer to lie on top of the duvet or on the pillow.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pepper sometimes will sleep under the covers in bed, but what she really likes is sitting with me at night on the couch and I have a green blanket I cover up with. She lays on my chest and I cover her up with it.

cheap sushi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Zephyer enjoys going to sleep under the covers too but not on top of the bed. He likes it where the box spring meets the floor. (i dont have a bed frame)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Paige likes to sleep under the covers with me, she burrows down so that she's curled up around my waist.
If I'm on the couch with a blankie though she'll climb under and keep her head out so she can watch tv.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forrest likes to burrow and sleep under the covers. Lilly will allow me to cover her with fleece blankets in the winter when its cold.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 all sleep under the covers with me, they do it a little less now that it's summer but they still start their night underneath

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepper likes to get under the covers and sleep with her paws around my neck. Scooter and Pearl will get beside me under the covers from waist to ankle. Or sometimes on top of me, which drives me nuts. I dream something is crushing me and push everybody out of bed, once even my SO.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only Lil' Jag likes to be covered up by bedding, coats, shirts and so on. Of course it might be in part because we rescued her from the car's tirewell when she was 3.5 months old and carried her inside in a nice warm coat (we found her around Thanksgiving time and it was freezing). She still loves it today.

The others will only lay on top of the beds or any other coverings.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

How many of you have cats that like to be covered up?
Funny that you should ask. Just this morning I went in to make the bed and Alley was on the bed. I asked her nicely to get off so I could make the bed. She looked at me like I was crazy. So I placed her on the floor and before I could do anything, she was right back on the bed. I did it again and again she was right back. I told her I was going to make the bed anyway and pulled the bedspread over her. She did not move and is still on the bed in her original spot but now under the bedspread!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I frequently find Jacob in a cosy little nest that he's made of the duvet, I don't know how he manages to pull it up all around himself but he makes a little cave for himself

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly likes to sleep under hte duvet, but I am a fidgeter, so she grumbles at me and moves part way through the night. Zi used to be, but isn't as keen now (prob cos she has fallen off the bed a few times with me moving), but will happily go under when I am not in the bed, or when the bed isn't fully made, she will make herself a den. Rolo likes to come under the blanket when I sit and watch TV (what a good excuse for being snuggly under a blanket!!), and last night, I put it over him while I did something, and he was still there when I Came back - he looked awfully upset at being disturbed.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back in July, when we first moved to PA we had to stay at a friends guest house for a while... we had no choice but to let the cats out and let them wonder.. Pinky was smart enough to come to us and hang out but King was a chicken and hid for a month... when he finally showed up we snuck him in the guest house ((the cats weren't allowed inside)) and he stayed in all night.. sleeping under the covers with his head peaking out.. he now does that regularly! he use to hate the covers before. Hes the only one of our 3 that do that.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sox is a bed cat. She likes to crawl under the blankets a lot. She either sleeps under the blankets or on my pillow next to my head. Wesley only on occasion will get under the blankets. He normally just likes to lay on the foot of the bed.

mumatum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is so ironic that this topic is being discussed. Diddy has recently started burrowing under the fleece blanket that is on top of the bed. He only does it with that blanket. I've had him for 2 years (he adopted us), and this is the first I've seen him do it. It's so cute!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one, Martha Mae, that likes burrowing under the covers everyonce in a while...you can also find her burrowed under the doggie blankets that are always on the floor (hey, pups, need beds too!). It's traumatic (for both of us) when I go to straighten out Sophie's bed, and I accidentally shake out a cat...you'd think I'd learn to double check, but she's not always there!
Martha just looks at me over her shoulder as she leaves the room like "How DARE you disturb my slumber!!!!"