Crazy phone call day...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago I told one of B's friends that he's recently gotten into world of warcraft. She had been emailing me that she hadn't heard back from him lately.

OK nowadays I don't get too many phone calls on my cell. Yesterday my phone rang while I was in meeting and was her. I let it go to voicemail. Later on when I listened to it she basically told me to destroy all of WoW material. She said she had been talking with her boyfriend who said that gaming is very addictive and that several people have died from online gaming because they forget to sleep and eat.

Ummm...I see no signs of that in B plus he takes breaks from the game. so I just ignored the phone call. I know there have been deaths, but I see no signs that concern me

My other crazy phone was from one of my good friends back in MI. Apparently now that we've announced that the wedding is delayed, my mom is telling people that the wedding is OFF.
My friend was telling me that people were beginning to ask how I was coping since B and I broke up.
:

All I can do is laugh at this point...it's my lovely crazy world...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont hate WoW but it does concern me.
Trav plays it when he gets up untill he leaves to work, then when he comes home he goes straight back on it. I see it is addictive and there has been a few occasions ive threatened to cut up the credit cards so he cant renew his membership but then he can just go to a gaming shop to renew it anyway!

There has been a few occasions where he hasnt eaten in hours and i have to ask him if he is hungry and its usually me who ends up cracking it because he does forget to eat!

On the other hand he does Sleep!

He has played it for years, and i accept it, but you see, currently its nice and sunny outside and he is inside in the dark.. erg... I thnk i might drag him out now

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really don't know why people find it so addicting, Ill maybe play thirty minute a day thats it. Its fun to play once a day ,maybe an extra thirty minutes before I go to bed,but thats rare. I just don't know how you could play all day. \t

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i dont hate WoW but it does concern me.
Trav plays it when he gets up untill he leaves to work, then when he comes home he goes straight back on it. I see it is addictive and there has been a few occasions ive threatened to cut up the credit cards so he cant renew his membership but then he can just go to a gaming shop to renew it anyway!

There has been a few occasions where he hasnt eaten in hours and i have to ask him if he is hungry and its usually me who ends up cracking it because he does forget to eat!

On the other hand he does Sleep!

He has played it for years, and i accept it, but you see, currently its nice and sunny outside and he is inside in the dark.. erg... I thnk i might drag him out now
I have a plan, have a kitty jump in front of the screen and while he tries to move the kitty, BAG HIM. Sure fire

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember which game it was, but it nearly caused me to leave my SO. He would get straight out of bed, play until the very last second he had to get ready to go to work in the afternoon, then back on at night. I am not one to nag, but after several screaming fits, he stopped playing so much. When you are ranked in the top 25 in the world, you play entirely too much. He would not do anything else when he was not working, even to losing touch with most of his friends.
He still plays, but mostly after I have gone to bed. Now that I am working, we keep different hours much of the time, so he can do what he wants. I hate computer games, I think they are stupid, but to each his own.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband and I play WoW we also have a couple friends that play. We both will play for 8 hours in one day if we can (and have) but we both do it toghter and have fun we never came close to forgetting to eat or sleep and we still have time to do things in the real world. It's how we unwind from a stressful day.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through it with DH. He wouldn't put off eating (he'd whine at me to make him something
) but he would stay up much too late. Play before work, play after work, play all day on his days off. He lost interest in all other hobbies, playing any other games, and it was extremely difficult to get him away from WoW. It took him developing bad tendinitis in his wrists to even consider cutting back, but eventually learned that he couldn't play at all if he wanted his wrists to heal - and that he wouldn't be able to play anything if they didn't.

He still plays console games and the occasional pc game - no more mmorpgs.

The social aspect of mmorpgs is what keeps so many coming back, combine that with how in WoW you need rep in guilds - you have to constantly keep playing.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a news story a year or so ago about a couple being arrested for neglecting their child who died of malnutrition. Only a few months old I believe.. all because of their addiction to WoW.