Come here girls! *vent*

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I volunteer at a cat rescue inside Petsmart. Tonight I was there playing with the kitties and cleaning their cages, the usual. This lady comes looking for a cat. She doesn't want a kitten, she wants an older cat. That's wonderful, most people want the opposite. She wants a female. Ok, that's fine. Except...she loves one of our boys. She loves his looks, his temperament, his age, his EVERYTHING. We talked for a bit and I think he is exactly what she's looking for in a cat. He is PERFECT for her in a sense. The only problem, he's a boy. A neutered boy, but a boy nonetheless. And why does she want a girl so bad? Because then she could continue saying "Come on girls" when calling them. Even though this boy is PERFECT for her, she's not interested AT ALL because she doesn't want to say "Come on girls...and boy!" BAH!!!!!! *dies*

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uggghhh....what a DUMB! reason!!! I guess those are the type of people I wouldn't want adopting a pet...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'd be amazed how many people are dumb like that. The purr-fect fit kitty, but noooo....the sex is "wrong"!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I don't think that boy would've cared one bit if she called him a girl as long as he was getting loved and cared for.

robertb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what's great about the all-purpose term "kids" but you're right, people get way too focused on trivial BS at the expense of a lot of other stuff.

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's silly especially since that cat had every trait that woman was interested in. Who cares what the sex of the cat is....He or she will be just as loving.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, admittedly, I vastly prefer male cats over the females. However, if I were looking for a kitty and a female seemed the absolute perfect kitty to me, then I'd adopt her!

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Okay, admittedly, I vastly prefer male cats over the females. However, if I were looking for a kitty and a female seemed the absolute perfect kitty to me, then I'd adopt her!

Tricia
Yeah, I don't mind people having a preference. I prefer boys too. But if the only reason I prefer boys is so I could say "come here boys" and no other reason, I hope someone will slug me with a frying pan.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Girls better. I havent had much luck with Males so far. I just lost my only Male at age 5 Jan 11. I had him fixed young and everything. I plan on getting another Cat this Summer and it dosent matter what it is. The first Male I ever had died at age 1.5 from a Blockage. My Brothers Male died at age 3 from one. I know my Yoshi didnt die from being a Male it was Kidney Stones taht could not be removed. Last Nov when I got my Kitten I said I want either the Black one or the Black and White Kitten. it didnt matter what they were. I would like to get a older Cat or another Cat with problems because I know people like to get Kittens and Young Cats.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Wow, I don't think that boy would've cared one bit if she called him a girl as long as he was getting loved and cared for.
Yup, yup, yup, yup. And yes, from the rescue volunteer's POV - people are stupid.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I always thought that boys were easier to handle because I had two boys years ago. But then at the shelter we found Pepper and she was just so loving and cute! I have that people have such a narrow mind...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

didn't seem to bother Chip! i used to say, 'be good girls!' when i left for work each day... took me awhile to change that to 'be good kitties!', but it didn't bother him!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer girls, I had always had girls until we brought Elliott in.
When I saw him I didn't know if that sweet little white cat was a boy or a girl I just knew that I had to make him an indoor cat.

I found out from the people that were feeding him that he was indeed a boy..I did have to think about it...but only for a little while and it had nothing to do with saying "Girls"...that woman sounds like an idiot!
The reason being I'd never dealt with a male cat, he was 18 months old, he had been outside ALL of his life, he wasn't neutered.
I was scared to death that even after he was neutered he'd spray in my house, or that he'd hate being indoors, or that he'd bully my sweet little girl kitties.

Well, he had never sprayed outside and he's never sprayed in my house.
He LOVES being indoors, we couldn't force him to go outside.
He did bully my smallest girl, Gracie...that is until she swatted the crap out of him one day they aren't the best of friends, but they do get along now.

The fact that I had always said "Time for breakfast girls" "Be good while I'm gone girls", "You're Mommy's sweet baby girls." was the last thing that entered my mind.
In fact I still say "Girls" all the time...it doesn't bothered Elliott...he could care less if I call him a boy a girl or a pain in the butt...as long as I call him when it's time to eat...that boy LOVES his food