Funny Things Your Dog Does........

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thor is such a strange little dog.

One thing he is known for is being a cat protector. If he thinks one of "his" kitties are getting hurt he runs to their rescue
One time my SO flopped down on the couch and Stuart was right in front of him and Thor BARKED at my SO!!!! (he never barks, not even for the door bell or other dogs barking) My SO flopped down a few more times and Thor barked at him every time

Then just the other day I was watching a show "growing up tiger" and they had two adult tigers playing. Thor was chewing his bone and stopped dead, bone haning half out of his mouth, mouth wide open, watching the tigers play. He looked scared to death
I was so upset I didn't have my camera ready fast enough!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake is a cat protector too.
No one, and I mean NO ONE messes with HIS cats.. Not even Dakota.
Jake also sucks on blankets.. Yeap.. he nurses on them. He has a couple of soft toys he does it to.

He also growls at his own reflection in glass.. not a mirror, but glass

Dakota, will greet me with a howl when I walk in the door and jump up, and do spins
When he pees, he kicks his back legs to cover it up!
I know it's behaviour from the type of breed he is but it's still funny..
When he runs, he hops like a deer

Silly pups!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Jake also sucks on blankets.. Yeap.. he nurses on them. He has a couple of soft toys he does it to.

Dakota, will greet me with a howl when I walk in the door and jump up, and do spins

Silly pups!
Those are some pretty funny things! My mom's mixed dog does that pee kick too! It's so weird and I laugh almost every time I see her do it! What on earth breed does that?!

That is too funny that Jake growls at his reflection in glass and not mirrors

"He hops like a deer".....
Oh my goodness! I can see it now!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bear tries so hard to simply ignore the cats.
He is protective of them though when they go out on the patio.

He's also very careful when one of the kitties is on the loveseat with him, he will scrunch up into the tiniest ball ever, just so he doesn't disturb the cat (who is usually taking the lion's share of the loveseat).

The best though is watching him roll his eyes and look pathetic when the kitties try to play with his ears or tail, or Vash, who will get on the coffee table, reach out to Bear, shove his face in his ear and then try to rub all over his face.

Poor Bear just looks so put out.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coco's one of the OCD tail chasers....even funnier when it's not her tail she's chasing! She'll bounce a ball & catch it for herself. Throw it against a wall & catch it, too.

Macey doesn't do wet....she'll hop around on 3 paws trying to keep out of the water as much as possible. Macey's idea of getting whatever's stuck inside anything is to smash it in a million pieces...which usually involves a hole in the wall in the end.

Best thing....suppertime they dance, snort, & howl. It's like this ritual thing....and you've got to see it to understand!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Those are some pretty funny things! My mom's mixed dog does that pee kick too! It's so weird and I laugh almost every time I see her do it! What on earth breed does that?!

That is too funny that Jake growls at his reflection in glass and not mirrors

"He hops like a deer".....
Oh my goodness! I can see it now!
He's a husky and I think most of them do it

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Coco's one of the OCD tail chasers....even funnier when it's not her tail she's chasing! She'll bounce a ball & catch it for herself. Throw it against a wall & catch it, too.

Macey doesn't do wet....she'll hop around on 3 paws trying to keep out of the water as much as possible. Macey's idea of getting whatever's stuck inside anything is to smash it in a million pieces...which usually involves a hole in the wall in the end.

Best thing....suppertime they dance, snort, & howl. It's like this ritual thing....and you've got to see it to understand!
Oh, I forgot about this!
Jake hates water!
I took him out to the dog beach New Year's Eve. There was a big bird in the water and Jake wanted to chase it. He went running after the bird and came to a dead stop at the water's edge!
He literally left skid marks in the sand.. He will NOT go near water!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Silly pups!
That 'kicking' behavior is actually a marking territory behavior

As far as mine...well...when I work Obedience, Agility, or whatever with Sophie, and she gets really excited, all she wants to do is "roll over rover"...So in order to keep her focused sometimes, I have to cue her to roll over between every few cues...
What's so funny about it, was that roll over was one of those tricks that she just didn't seem to want to get right away...And now...yikes...

When we walk on burr ridden trails, she will literally flop over and start pulling out burrs! Kinda scarey when she is in mid run and all of a sudden, poof, there she is flopped over on her side plucking burrs!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

He's also very careful when one of the kitties is on the loveseat with him, he will scrunch up into the tiniest ball ever, just so he doesn't disturb the cat (who is usually taking the lion's share of the loveseat).

The best though is watching him roll his eyes and look pathetic when the kitties try to play with his ears or tail, or Vash, who will get on the coffee table, reach out to Bear, shove his face in his ear and then try to rub all over his face.
Awww what a sweet puppy!!!! It's so cute to watch dogs who don't really care for cats playing with them, but they put up with it

Originally Posted by white cat lover

She's a smart dog!!!! She gets to play ball even when you aren't home!

Originally Posted by faith's_mom

When we walk on burr ridden trails, she will literally flop over and start pulling out burrs! Kinda scarey when she is in mid run and all of a sudden, poof, there she is flopped over on her side plucking burrs!!!
That is too funny!!!! She really hates burrs!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasper has made a best friend out of Arwen, only since she brought him a half eaten grass snake one day....watching him flick it about in the air was so amusing!

She even gave him a whole one once, and each time the grass snake moved, he sniffed at it, and would suddenly move back as if it had bitten his nose

Sooo hilarious!

Also, he has become quite close to Shark these past few weeks, he washes her clean sometimes, and she just lays there and laps it all up...it's as though she is lazy
It's a good thing Jasper doesn't mind doing it for her either!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

Also, he has become quite close to Shark these past few weeks, he washes her clean sometimes, and she just lays there and laps it all up...it's as though she is lazy
It's a good thing Jasper doesn't mind doing it for her either!
Haha...atleast you've never come home to TWO animals in one kennel, when you left with only one in there...or so you thought!!!

My cats, all three of them love to sleep with Sophie, and in her kennel that I put her in when I have to leave her home. Well, apparently, when I asked Sophie to kennel up today, which she does without having to be lead there...well there was a kitty in there too...a black one...Sophie's black, and apparently Faith was at the back of the kennel snoozing when Sophie went in and lay down...I came home and they were both still laying together...Lol!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Haha...atleast you've never come home to TWO animals in one kennel, when you left with only one in there...or so you thought!!!

My cats, all three of them love to sleep with Sophie, and in her kennel that I put her in when I have to leave her home. Well, apparently, when I asked Sophie to kennel up today, which she does without having to be lead there...well there was a kitty in there too...a black one...Sophie's black, and apparently Faith was at the back of the kennel snoozing when Sophie went in and lay down...I came home and they were both still laying together...Lol!
Oh my goodness! I bet the cat was wondering why on earth it was stuck with the dog

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh my goodness! I bet the cat was wondering why on earth it was stuck with the dog
To be honest, I don't think she really cared...Lol! When I opened the kennel, I thought for sure she'd come out right away...but she just stretched and yawned, and curled right back up!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jello can't be a cat protector because he is a small dog and the cats are better suited to protect him.

But Jello is a cat toys thief. All cat toys have been blessed by his drool before the cats got a chance to even get near them. It now has come to a point that no toy is good unless it smells like Jello.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Silly pups!
Spike, my poodle, also nurses on blankets, he has done it forever. Ive yet to figure out why he does it though.. Hes got a favorite stuffed animal that he sucks on also. And gets very upset when you take them away...

He also when there is some type of animal on the tv, no matter what it is, he starts barking, tries to attack it , and bites the tv. Its pretty hillarious.

All three of my little dogs are terrified of the vacuum, everytime we run it they bark at it, go completly crazy and attack it. It has numerus bite marks on it, so this definitly makes vacuuming quite interesting...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To be honest, I don't think she really cared...Lol! When I opened the kennel, I thought for sure she'd come out right away...but she just stretched and yawned, and curled right back up!
You have got to be kidding me!

Originally Posted by yayi

Jello can't be a cat protector because he is a small dog and the cats are better suited to protect him.

But Jello is a cat toys thief. All cat toys have been blessed by his drool before the cats got a chance to even get near them. It now has come to a point that no toy is good unless it smells like Jello.
At least they put up with him doing that! How cute!

Originally Posted by Keisha

All three of my little dogs are terrified of the vacuum, everytime we run it they bark at it, go completly crazy and attack it. It has numerus bite marks on it, so this definitly makes vacuuming quite interesting...
Bite marks on your vacuum!!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

You have got to be kidding me!
Nope, not at all...of course, we are talking about the same cat who likes to sit on the dashboard of the car when I leave it...though most of the time I keep her tied to her seat, but that is where she heads...I think she wants to see where it is I am going, and probably ponders why she can't go too! Faith is a strange one...she loves car rides, sleeps with Sophie all the time, or atleast close to her, likes to smother me at night by trying to sleep as close to my face as possible...etc...I think she would be a great therapy kitty, cause she also doesn't mind who holds her, even in a strange environment.