He ate my cell phone!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone wave goodbye to Fosters! He's about to be one dead animal!!!!
I went down the street to pick up a calzone for dinner and bring it back to eat. Since i was only going to be gone for about 5 minutes, i left my cell phone on top of the side table in the living room.

We have owned Fosters for almost two years now and he has NEVER chewed up anything like this before. He is not a destructive dog....apparently today he got bored
I walked in to find my pink razor shredded to pieces in the floor
I swear my jaw dropped when i saw it!
He had to have climbed up on the couch and then taken it off the table and chewed it up

I didn't really get on to him too much as i didn't catch him in the act so he would not understand why he was being disciplined. But oh man i really could just ring his fluffy neck right now!

Lucky for me he bairly missed the sims card so i was able to take it out of that phone and put it in one of my older ones until i can go buy a new one (the older one drops calls non-stop so i'll have to get a new one soon).

That is SOOOO not what i needed today

Any suggestions on new phone models?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww Nikki
That is so frustrating!

Since when do dogs like cell phones?
I know! He's such a goober
I called Colin and told him what HIS dog did! (lol he's not my dog when i'm mad at him
he is his daddys when he acts bad). He's seriously about to be one dead Aussie

In the mean time i have no idea what i'm going to do about my current phone situation. I guess i'll have to get a new one tomorrow after i get off work

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunder did that once. He had never chewed on anything, and he was about 2 years old at the time. Apparently the phone rang and he "attacked" it.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog did that to my cell phone a couple of years ago. It was a brand new phone. He stole it out of my purse, chewed the antenna off the top and made some big teeth marks in the front. I know how you feel, it was so aggrivating.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Thunder did that once. He had never chewed on anything, and he was about 2 years old at the time. Apparently the phone rang and he "attacked" it.
My ferrets used to attack the phone when it rang

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I know! He's such a goober
I called Colin and told him what HIS dog did! (lol he's not my dog when i'm mad at him
he is his daddys when he acts bad). He's seriously about to be one dead Aussie

In the mean time i have no idea what i'm going to do about my current phone situation. I guess i'll have to get a new one tomorrow after i get off work
Dakota decided to eat Deacon's slippers yesterday.. Tell Fosters that if him and Kota don't behave they'll both be in the same boat..

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about dogs (guess I know a little about Foster's history, though, and I'm glad he's doing well) but if they are like cats, he might have eaten it since you handled it and it smelled like you.

Sparkle has destroyed my husband's electric razor foil (left a nasty scratch up husband's neck!), his iPod earbuds, his iPod leather case, the "g" key of his laptop, etc. etc. Sparkle also likes to lick husband's ears and face!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that Luna gets really interested in the phone whenever I'm talking...I think it might be emitting a frequency she can hear, but no one else can.

Perhaps this was the case with Foster? Did you change your ring tone? Maybe that's what caused it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, perhaps he was trying to talk on the phone with his grandma?
I called my mom on the other phone and told her what her grand dog did and she said that she called me about the same time that it happened....so he must have been trying to answer the phone and talk to her

Goofy mutt- i love him to pieces though, even though he destroyed the phone.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wha-?! That sounds scary, what if he had swallowed something sharp?!

There's the new Razor that's coming out, or already did. It's supposed to have better software, a bigger LCD screen and a 'straighter' keypad design. It looks great! Is your 2 year upgrade soon? Then you could get most new phones for really really cheap!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

how about a krzr?
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Wha-?! That sounds scary, what if he had swallowed something sharp?!

There's the new Razor that's coming out, or already did. It's supposed to have better software, a bigger LCD screen and a 'straighter' keypad design. It looks great! Is your 2 year upgrade soon? Then you could get most new phones for really really cheap!
First thing i did was check his mouth for any cuts and do a complete check on him to make sure he was ok. (i'm a vet tech). All tiny pieces have been accounted for and i put the "puzzle" of my torn up phone back together as best i could to make sure there weren't any missing parts unaccounted for or in his belly. Everything seems ok. I think i have all of it- but i'm watching him just to be sure.

Well as far as the phone goes- i am currently on my mom's plan (been over 2 yrs.) I just give her my portion of the monthly payment each month and we've kept the family plan because it's cheaper for us.

I'm getting married next month and i was thinking about going on Colin's or getting a different one. His plan STINKS, so i know i don't want that one or the company he is with- so i'm not sure yet. I'd like to stick with AT&T- service is good in my area. I posted a new thread in the lounge with pictures of the phones i'm looking at that have good ratings. Not sure yet what to get or the price! This is such a headache! Totally NOT what i needed tonight
I was already stressed out

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! How awful! That's probably one of the worst things he could have chose to chew up!!!!!

Fosters.....

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww Nikki
That is so frustrating!

Since when do dogs like cell phones?
when i was living back home, our dog Tyson chewed up my sister's Samsung mobile! he did it because he was not getting any attention off her, as he's used to getting some

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that my dogs haven't been 'electronics' destroyers when they get bored!! Leashes, and bedding are what they go after...or they kill a toy...Lol! We kennel when we are gone, though, cause I could imagine what my house would look like with a bored Border Collie and a bratty Corgie mix loose to wreak havoc!!! haha!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the little phone killer is trying to give me kisses and repent
He's such a cute little brat! I swear i can't stay too mad at him when he gives me the sad eyes
I'm such a sucker!

I'm thinking he just wanted to talk to his grandma when the phone rang and he killed it
That has to be it
Surely he wouldn't have tried to play with the phone
He's never destroyed anything before so i'm not sure what got into him today- probably just bored for a few minutes while i was out.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dogs attacked my cell phone when it was on vibrate. It's something about the surface it is on when it vibrates, made a nasty noise to their ears! I saved mine from a certain death though!