we have a nebelung!!!

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now i know there may be many skeptics due to this cat being very rare. but im pretty certain that our ender may be a nebelung. we got him from a woman in pennsylvania as a kitten and was always pretty curious to what he was...he is deff not a russian blue and when i found the nebelung site i instatnly knew that was what he was...his hair is also very light but these pictures were taken in the dark...in the light he looks to be very silver and has highlights

check the pictures and hello to everyone we're new to this group
this is from the nebelung site

and this is our ender

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry i fixed it and reposted the thread, not familiar with this site...any insite ??

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ender, huh? great book. (ender's game)

Beautiful boy btw

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very handsome, but one thing I noticed is that he does NOT have the dark green eye color that a RB would have. Nebelungs are basically longhair RB's and so should have the good green eye color.

He does look a lot like one, but probably is just a DLH.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a very handsome boy. He reminds me a lot of my Isaac when he was a kitten. How old is he? My Isaac didn't have his ful coat until he was between 2 - 3. Isaac is just a DLH, but people have told me he looks to have some Norwegian Forest cat in him. I'm just wondering if your handsome guy is still young enough that his coat is still filling in?

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
his eyes are actually blue and green....you cant really see..but in the top pic you can....they are very very light in the shade...whats a dmh, we got him from a breeder....i just never looking into seeing what his parents were, its pretty much a dead on with the nebelung....the biggest tell all is his tail, ill have to get more pictures up

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh and he is only 7 months old

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eyes look green-gold to me. RB's would not have blue in their eyes anyway. I'll have to do some more reading with pictures. I have a picture in my mind of more of the lighter shades of blue with the silver tipping like a RB would have (but with longer hair).

Ok I did some research - it is quite possible you do have one. The standard does allow green-gold eye color in younger cats - but by the time they are about 2 yrs old they should have the deep green eye color - no gold. And the coat color can be darker then the shorthair RB shades. This is from the TICA standard - only association right now that recognizes them.

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he is only 7 months old...and his eyes actually change throughout the day....he is not very dark...he has a very light almost glare to him...its like he has silver highlights...ill have to get some more pics...he doesnt really have gold in his eyes

but thanks for looking into that....ill look for more pics on my compy....we have sooo many its insane....we might have a scary obsession with our cats lol

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the sept. '03 catfancy mag did a story on the nebelungs. your cat sure looks like the one in the magazine. he's beautiful

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of curious how it is that you got the cat from a "breeder" but didn't ask what breed the cat was, or why it has no papers?

He very well could be a purebred cat, any of our cats could be purebred cats or mixes of purebred cats for those of us who have unknown history. Him being your cat you are allowed to call him whatever you want, and if it makes you feel better to know he has a breed name go for it, but without legitimate papers there's no sure-fire way to know.

Regardless of what he is, he's quite stunning

enderjade07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
honeslty we actually rescued both of our cats....he was the sweeest little boy.. we never reallly stayed in contact with the owner...he had fleas and worms rampid as a baby...i felt so bad...but he is a healthy boy now

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it's a good feeling to rescue, definitely. It's also an added bonus when they are purebred or just stunningly beautiful.