** ~ Anyone~ Please Help me with my Cat ***

adamguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly I could not ask for a better friend than this animal. He is truly amazing!!! I have spent close to $600.00 in vet bills over the past several months. Not only being a student but living on my own this has truly hit my wallet hard. I would love to bring him to the vet but at this time I cannot afford it. that hurts

I would truly appreciate it, if anyone with information or a clue as to "Twinsters" (Thats his name) condition could give some insight.

The Problem:

I was giving Twin a good belly rub one day when I noticed something unusual on his belly. Centered about 3 inches from his genital region. After I was able to part the hair, I noticed what appeared to look like a "pimple" yet it is noticly larger than a pimple. Its length is about 3/4 of a centimeter. It is pink/redish. There does not appear to be any rash or redness at the base.

Background on the Cat:
2Year Old Male Cat
Nuetered
lived as an outdoor cat from birth until 1 1/2 years old since last ocotober.
Does have contact with another angorian indoor cat
Has been tested recently for heartworm. Blood levels checked out fine as well as Chest X-Rays
Vacinations are up-to-date

Other things to take note.

he does weeze often or appears like he is having a difficult time breathing. Although the Vet has passed that off with no explination what so ever.

I have provided some photos. This is the only one he has on his belly. It couldnt be a nipple could it? he is a male. And if so Why just one, and why would it occur later in life? I've read a little about zoonotic. But could it really be that??

Please any suggestions would be nicely appreciated.
Thank you all'

You can view the photos I have uploaded at webshots

http://community.webshots.com/album/562475589opsvZv

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can breathe easy! Looks like a nipple to me. Yes, boy kitties have nipples too just like boy people.
I bet if you look a little closer you'll find more than just the one... they come in two rows just like girls only no milk so if you look above the one you found I bet you find a few more.

He's very pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adamguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you luvmycat and Twisty. Both of your replies are much appreciated. I will take close notice to it over the next few weeks. He does have a vet appointment in April for routine vacination shots. I would just hate to make a vet visit over something silly and have to pay dearly for it. Any other suggestions from anyone is appreciated. Again Thank you both for responding so quickly.
I'm so glad I stubmled upon this site

kiwi kat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I say nipple too. Of course boys have nipples. I'm assuming you're a boy, do you have nipples? They're not just for girls, doncha know.

adamguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hahaha. Of course I know. IDK I guess I presumed nipples on animals were for the purpose of milking. Just a brain fart I guess you could call it. Acutally after examining the cat again. I had found a similar one on the opposite side of the belly. I believe this coinsides with all of your explinations. Thank ya All so much. You've been a help

adamguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You Can check out this video I' produced of my cat.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adamguy

You Can check out this video I' produced of my cat.

Awww.. That's adorable! You obviously love your little buddy very much. Please keep worrying about him, that's what good pet parents do.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, you're not the first to ask that question

Very cute video

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adamguy

Hahaha. Of course I know. IDK I guess I presumed nipples on animals were for the purpose of milking. Just a brain fart I guess you could call it. Acutally after examining the cat again. I had found a similar one on the opposite side of the belly. I believe this coinsides with all of your explinations. Thank ya All so much. You've been a help
Keep looking, you will find 8 more

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's a nipple. Bet you anything if you do a little more searching on the belly you'd find some more just like it. Males have nipples - they just don't produce milk

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my boys likes when I scratch his nipples, I wish someone would scratch mine.