New Kitten Question

kaosvarkas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone

Me and my girlfriend just adopted an adorable little kitten, he's 9 weeks old today and a few days ago we got him his distemper shot and i think she said rabies shot..not entirely sure. However, we have noticed when we brought him home he was very tired, puked once, called vet they said it was normal and unless he puked like 10 times not to worry. Well, later the night of the shots he came out of his tiredness and seemed like his joyful running all over the house self until today he seems to be sleeping more again and he puked again today, he seems to have lost his appetite, however, after puking he seems fine again tonight and is semi-playful but still wont eat. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when we took tsar to get spayed she threw up that night and was really quiet and tired and just layed by my feet and didn't want to move. She obviously felt a little better the next day, but she still slept in her bed instead of in bed with us. I was worried too, but after awhile she was back to normal. If you're really concerned you could call the vet again, but I think its just normal. 9 weeks is also really young so maybe he's just handling it harder because he's so small?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaosvarkas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany

when we took tsar to get spayed she threw up that night and was really quiet and tired and just layed by my feet and didn't want to move. She obviously felt a little better the next day, but she still slept in her bed instead of in bed with us. I was worried too, but after awhile she was back to normal. If you're really concerned you could call the vet again, but I think its just normal. 9 weeks is also really young so maybe he's just handling it harder because he's so small?
Yeah they said about how he might take it harder since hes small, I guess we are just more worried than anything about how he isn't eating. Maybe he will eat tonight or in the morning hopefully >.< We have decided we can't have kids for a good long time, this is horrible :p

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties did that too when they got their shots. It was a pain in the butt because no one told me to expect that! I called the vet and he said it was normal. But if you're still having issues with him not eating in the morning I would talk to the vet, better safe than sorry!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have rabies in Australia. My cat Blossom reacted to her 2nd & 3rd baby shots. But only for a day, where she was very quiet, wouldn't eat or play. She was back to her old self the next night.
When she went recently to have her 1st annual vaccination at 17 mths she had a bad reaction, high temperature & had a night in hospital. They gave her a anti-inflamatory which reduced the effectiveness of the vaccination she'd had. They said she reacted to the feline leukemia vaccine & was never to have it again.
While she was in hospital, I read all I could about feline vaccinations, & I discovered that rabies & leukemia vaccines were the ones that cats can react to.
If he's no better by morning, I would be taking him back to the vet. I was told to bring Blossom in if she was unwell for more than 24 hrs. which I did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaosvarkas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

We don't have rabies in Australia. My cat Blossom reacted to her 2nd & 3rd baby shots. But only for a day, where she was very quiet, wouldn't eat or play. She was back to her old self the next night.
When she went recently to have her 1st annual vaccination at 17 mths she had a bad reaction, high temperature & had a night in hospital. They gave her a anti-inflamatory which reduced the effectiveness of the vaccination she'd had. They said she reacted to the feline leukemia vaccine & was never to have it again.
While she was in hospital, I read all I could about feline vaccinations, & I discovered that rabies & leukemia vaccines were the ones that cats can react to.
If he's no better by morning, I would be taking him back to the vet. I was told to bring Blossom in if she was unwell for more than 24 hrs. which I did.
We took junior to the vet this morning, he got some canned food from them and a shot of liquids and peptid. He seems to be doing as bit better now and he seems to be eating the canned food they gave us, they said however that we should pout him back on the kitten chow dry food after a few days. He is very playful tonight so i hope it stays that way.