A Rose Ceramony??? What do you guys think?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out what to do as far as our wedding ceramony goes. In the past some of my family members have done rose ceramonies during their weddings and i have always thought it was a really lovely thing to add. What do you guys think? Should we add it into ours? Here's the info about it for those of you who don't know what it is:

http://www.weddingministers.com/vows...seCeremony.htm

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was one of the options for ours and it looked lovely. Somewhere I'm sure our celebrant emailed us a HEAP of options to choose from including reading and different "themes" for the ceremony. I'll see if I can find them for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

That was one of the options for ours and it looked lovely. Somewhere I'm sure our celebrant emailed us a HEAP of options to choose from including reading and different "themes" for the ceremony. I'll see if I can find them for you.
Thankyou Sarah! I would really appreciate that!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the rose ceremony! We almost did it (but DH is allergic to roses
). We also were looking at the sand ceremony:

http://iwedyou.com/html/sand_ceremony.html. Basically, you each have a container of colored sand and while the minister is talking you pour them together into one and the colors mix together to create a pattern.

We did the hand ceremony:

http://www.gulfbeachweddings.com/Ceremony/hand.htm

There are a couple different versions of it, and we kind of tweaked the wording to fit us.

But, the rose ceremony is so beautiful, and it sounds like it is almost a tradition in your family so I think that would be very touching.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend include aspects from the rose ceremony into their wedding they did however leave it up to the discression of the clergyman to incorporate it. They told him what aspects they liked and he put it together, It was a very nice ceremony.
I would talk to your priest or minister to see if he would be willing to do somthing along the same lines, some churches do not deviate from the traditional wedding ceremony so talk to the person preforming it and they might have some great ideas!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't vote because it's your wedding and you should do what makes you happy.

I'm not a big fan of the rose or sand ceremony. Tha hand ceremony was nice. They all kind of remind me of the non-secular response to the candle ceremony.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds very nice. The chapel we got married in had a candle ceremony that was so beautiful.
I get all weepy at those beautifully romantic things, but in a good way.

I think you should do whatever you want because it's your wedding.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a beautiful addition to the ceremony. I thought about doing it at ours, but we did the unity candle thing because I very badly wanted to include my stepson in the ceremony and acknowledge that he's a part of our family. (The funny thing is, I think it was way more important to me than to either my stepson or his dad, but they went along with it.)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very sweet. Like twstychik said though...it's your wedding. Do the Rose Ceremony because you want it a part of your vows

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Just to add a few things that we are 100% doing as far as the ceramony goes- traditional vows (i'll post a link sometime of the ones we chose - our pastor is wonderful and has agreed to do whatever we want as far as the service goes
) we are doing the unity candles- something i totally won't budge on
, blessing of the rings, and the breaking of the glass (i grew up jewish so that's one aspect i want in my wedding at least)

We did a little "run through" just between Colin and I last night reading out all of the lines/verses/etc to see what kind of time frame we would be looking at -and even including all of the things we would like to add- it's still not a horribly long service and it adds a lot of meaningful things we both would like to the wedding ceramony

I honestly love the idea of a rose ceramony as well- we'll probably have it worded a little different, but i love the thought behind it and also how beautiful it's been in the past when i've gone to my family members weddings and they've done it. I think we might do it after all!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your ceremony will be a very personal mish-mash of all that is you and Colin. Ian and I wrote our own ceremony with the help of our minister, who was Unitarian, and therefore totally open and inclusive. Our ceremony turned out beautifully, and every little bit of it was full of so much love and meaning for both of us. I'm really happy that it seems like you and Colin are doing what matters to you, and not letting other people sway you

You two are getting married SOON! SInce I was AWOL, when did he pop the question?! I am soooo behind the times!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Sounds like your ceremony will be a very personal mish-mash of all that is you and Colin. Ian and I wrote our own ceremony with the help of our minister, who was Unitarian, and therefore totally open and inclusive. Our ceremony turned out beautifully, and every little bit of it was full of so much love and meaning for both of us. I'm really happy that it seems like you and Colin are doing what matters to you, and not letting other people sway you

You two are getting married SOON! SInce I was AWOL, when did he pop the question?! I am soooo behind the times!
Thanks Allie!
He proposed on our birthdays (July 29)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

We did a little "run through" just between Colin and I last night reading out all of the lines/verses/etc to see what kind of time frame we would be looking at -and even including all of the things we would like to add- it's still not a horribly long service and it adds a lot of meaningful things we both would like to the wedding ceramony
That was a fantastic idea! I wish DH and I had thought of that because we had 2 small issues. 1) He had trouble following the minister when repeating the vows and that's partly my fault because I put the "breaks" in it.
2) our ceremony, from the time I entered with my dad till the time we walked away as husband and wife, was 8 minutes! Yes, people traveled hours for 8 minutes!
But the food was awesome.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow i feel like a dummy
I just realized i've spelled Ceremony wrong in
all of my posts
Sorry guys!

Originally Posted by twstychik

That was a fantastic idea! I wish DH and I had thought of that because we had 2 small issues. 1) He had trouble following the minister when repeating the vows and that's partly my fault because I put the "breaks" in it.
2) our ceremony, from the time I entered with my dad till the time we walked away as husband and wife, was 8 minutes! Yes, people traveled hours for 8 minutes!
But the food was awesome.
8 minutes? Wow that is a bit short! I bet it was just beautiful though!!! After all it doesn't matter so much the length of the ceramony- just that your family was there for it and you guys had a good time!
I wanted to do a little run thorough of ours is i had an idea of how much time it would take and if i could add all the things i wanted in there or needed to cut something.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Speaking of food, you guys don't need a caterer do you?
We actually have a wonderful caterer for our reception
I known him for a few yrs now- met him at the first bridal show i did with a coworker i was designing with at the time. We're doing a coffee bar and lots of small Italian finger foods/etc- it's going to be awesome!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The rose cermony sounds lovely
Another option could be the sand cermeony....DH and I had one....It was lovely and now the glasses are engraved and sit on our fireplace mantel.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Wow i feel like a dummy
I just realized i've spelled Ceremony wrong in
all of my posts
Sorry guys!
That's OK, Nikki. You can't be expected to spell while in the midst of wedding planning...there's just too much other stuff going on. I called it "bridal brain".