Girls, do you have guy moments?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm talking about: do you ever feel like the guy-role in the relationship?

I came home all in a happy mood today cause of the snow (and busy day at work..I get depressed if I'm not busy).

I went upstairs, checked on B and he was asleep...so I let him sleep cause I knew he wasn't feeling well. I checked on him again around 7 to see if he wanted anything to eat. I knew his stomach has been iffy lately so I asked him what he wanted. Chicken burger and fries.

I went downstairs to fix it. Dinner is done. I go upstairs and let him know this. Thirty minutes later he comes downstairs, skips dinner.

I start to smile at him and he blows up on me.

I asked him what was wrong, if I did something...no I should be able to figure it out on my own and walked into his cave.

I really have no clue what I did and since he's in a bad mood, I'm just going to leave him alone until he calms down.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*sigh* I guess guys are allowed their moments too...

My "guy" role is that I usually have to make all the decisions as hubby can be rather indecisive when I'm around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Sounds like someone is pmsing
I did check the tampon box...just in case.

Well cool down time is over...turns out that he's just really down today. Still no phone calls for the jobs he's been applying for, battery is dead in his car, and he's getting close to where he's probably going to have to shut off a lot of services (cell phone, etc).

I guess I can't blame him though...I had my moment of PMS on Saturday,

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I did check the tampon box...just in case.

Well cool down time is over...turns out that he's just really down today. Still no phone calls for the jobs he's been applying for, battery is dead in his car, and he's getting close to where he's probably going to have to shut off a lot of services (cell phone, etc).
I know how he feels.
Just a month ago I was looking at losing EVERYTHING!

Sending vibes that his luck changes.. trust me, it will!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I asked him what was wrong, if I did something...no I should be able to figure it out on my own and walked into his cave.

I really have no clue what I did and since he's in a bad mood, I'm just going to leave him alone until he calms down.
Why do you feel a need to feel responsible for his bad mood? Stop blaming yourself for his mood and hissy fit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Why do you feel a need to feel responsible for his bad mood? Stop blaming yourself for his mood and hissy fit.
When someone blows up on you and directs it at you, telling you to figure it out and walks away, then you more or less can't help but to be curious if it was you.
I wouldn't exactly use the terms "responsible" or "blame" as I was not saying that it is/I] my fault, just relaying that if I did do something I didn't know what it is. If I wished I knew what it was, then I would be blaming myself.

I mean if someone that was close to you did that out of the blue and left you hanging I bet you would feel a little dumbfounded too.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When someone blows up on you and directs it at you, telling you to figure it out and walks away, then you more or less can't help but to be curious if it was you.
I wouldn't exactly use the terms "responsible" or "blame" as I was not saying that it is/I] my fault, just relaying that if I did do something I didn't know what it is. If I wished I knew what it was, then I would be blaming myself.

I mean if someone that was close to you did that out of the blue and left you hanging I bet you would feel a little dumbfounded too.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
guy moments.... yea, two years ago we (I) was raising Roman's 16 year old little brother, in august roman decides to run off to Louisiana leaving me to take care of his brother(both parents passed a few years ago). My major guy moment was having to teach the boy to shave (no one had ever bothered) and having to sit down and have "guy" talks with the boy. I ended up having to quit my job to stay home with him because he begin to get out of control. Thankfully Roman just happened to come back the day after i quit my job. I really gained new respect for single parents. But i guess all in all we didnt do too bad.

as far as the relationship guy moments i have those quite a bit, i sware guys go through pms more often then women!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

as far as the relationship guy moments i have those quite a bit, i sware guys go through pms more often then women!
Definitely!! my guy does anyway. He just does the passive-aggressive thing acts all moody and pissy. If I ignore him he'll eventually tell me what was bothering him. (If it was anything)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my BF tends to lash out sometimes inexplicably. EArly in our relationship I told him if he talked to me like that again, he would never see me again... and things got better. It's still there, but he's more aware and better at recognizing and controlling it.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last relationship ended a few months ago because of my bf's crappy moods. I put up with them for 18 months, and in the end , I couldn't take it any more. So one day whilst he was working, I packed his stuff into bags, then sent him a text message telling him what I'd done. To say the least, he was not a happy bunny, but what else could I do? I was so tired of him treating me like dirt off his shoe!

I think I had to live with a bloke with permanent PMS, and I won't be doing it again!
I sure learnt my lesson there....

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yeah.... I do the DIY in this house. DH is hopeless with the practical stuff - even the really simple stuff like wiring a plug, or patching a wall or something.