Bengal craziness (or cat craziness in general)

sheeba07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering if males quiet down with age or if they stay crazy

Mambo is now 7 months old and boy is he wild when we play! Jumping up and bodyslamming the wall, jumping gracefully but landing on his side, running like crazy across the floor and banging his head strait into the wall/couch or other furniture (ouch!). Sometimes he gets so excited that he starts panting after 10 minutes of playing!

Sheeba...not as crazy as him

Did you experience similar things with your cats? I'm guessing it will stay like this for a period of time or until he's over his teenage stage.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience with Bengals but I've noticed that my boys are calming down more and more as they get older... the boys who are over a year are sooooooo much calmer than the ones who are under a year old.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oci's are a crazy active breed too, my oldest is 13 months and hasn't slowed down a bit

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have girls and they're still young, about 7 months, but I have a feeling they're gonna keep the bengal craziness for a loooong time.

they're pretty silly

mischief_house

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont have bengals but my Piston is a complete nutter. he races round the house like he is being chased by a feral dog. I have wooden floors so he slides around corners and hits walls. He is about 8 months old.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Active breeds tend to stay active well into adulthood, for me that's all part of the charm
My boys are all young adults between 1 and 2 years old, active breeds (2 Orientals & 1 Cornie/moggie cross) and they were running around like kittens this morning, sliding across the floor, knocking things over, and at one point I had 2 cats slam into my legs at the same time as they misjudged their timing going round the corner

I find it difficult to imagine that any cat could be more nutty and hyper than my lot, but if there is one it's the Bengal. Don't expect calm in the near future!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep my little boy is just over 18 months and he runs around like a nut! he's just a domestic short hair black cat. Sometimes he just starts running...and jumping all over the place...I just watch and go..hmm what do you see?
yesterday he jumped over my little girl...(she's around the same age)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sheeba07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Don't expect calm in the near future!
Ha ha, I wont
I love them no matter how nutty they are

Originally Posted by mischief_house

I have wooden floors so he slides around corners and hits walls. He is about 8 months old.
That's exactly what Mambo does too!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max's first birthday is next week (the 19th) and he's a true Tigger. Here's a moment from his early evening when I get home from work:

Bouncey, bouncey, bouncey, boing, boing, boing, CRASH! Gallop, gallop, gallop, "Ow, ow, OW-WOW WOW!" Gallop, gallop, gallop, roll over, show belly, purrrr, purrrr, purrrr, BOING!

Leap, stop, look around, "Reow!" jump and fly through the air, hit the floor running, gallop, gallop, gallop, skid to a stop CRASH! Pounce on Ferris and wrestle him to the floor. Run to food dish, take a couple of bites, gallop, gallop, gallop, FLY!

And that's just within 90 seconds.

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well... my boy is 7 months and he does not get claimer, in fact he just get more nutty since he is more and mor able to reach out high places. and he slides and crashes everywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sheeba07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Max's first birthday is next week (the 19th) and he's a true Tigger. Here's a moment from his early evening when I get home from work:

Bouncey, bouncey, bouncey, boing, boing, boing, CRASH! Gallop, gallop, gallop, "Ow, ow, OW-WOW WOW!" Gallop, gallop, gallop, roll over, show belly, purrrr, purrrr, purrrr, BOING!

Leap, stop, look around, "Reow!" jump and fly through the air, hit the floor running, gallop, gallop, gallop, skid to a stop CRASH! Pounce on Ferris and wrestle him to the floor. Run to food dish, take a couple of bites, gallop, gallop, gallop, FLY!

And that's just within 90 seconds.
I was waiting to hear from you Betsy, as I think your Max may be a bit more nutty than Mambo

Good to know that it's not just our house. This morning Sheeba leaped at least 6 feet up in the air to avoid being wrestled to the ground by Mambo!