Why are people so heartless?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so frustrated. John said a guy he works with has a horse he needs to re-home. He's asked if I can try to find a home for him. The horse is an off track Thoroughbred gelding, he's been stuck in a field for several years and not handled. So now he's extremely high strung and supposedly can't be handled. The guy said he's chasing the cows and with calves on the way he wants the horse gone NOW.

Basically I've been given until Thursday to find a home for this horse or he said he's shooting him.
There's no way I can take this horse, even temporarily... we just got two more and have no room.

Please send vibes that I can find someone to come and get this horse, I'm posting everywhere I can think of trying to find someone.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a thought: why doesn't the guy that needs to get rid of the horse help find a home for him

Oh wait...that would make sense. Sounds to me that he just wants to shoot something.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried to find a horse rescue group in your area? If you have one they will help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have found a home for him. I just got off the phone with a girl that's going to try to make it down here tomorrow!!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
for finding the horse a good home. Surely there would be a severe penalty for shooting a "healthy" horse, if it could be proven. Definately doesn't sound like a nice person even though it may have been an empty threat out of frustration. I hope that the horse gets a loving home.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know a lot of people/horses like that. Do you have a sale barn around your area? Maybe he could at least wait until a sale came up and make a few hundred off the horse?

Also put up flyers "free horse, needs work, not handled, thoroughbred"

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hope that horse finds a new home

Many For that precious horse...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The woman said she will definitely come today or tomorrow if the owner will be there to meet her.... now it's just trying to get ahold of the owner who has been in a meeting all morning.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope she gets him. Why is he going to shoot it when it`s his fault for leaving it. Some people just shouldn`t be allowed to keep animals

Good for you for coming to his ( the horses! ) aid

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Oh, I hope she gets him. Why is he going to shoot it when it`s his fault for leaving it. Some people just shouldn`t be allowed to keep animals

Good for you for coming to his ( the horses! ) aid
Yeah really...some people

I really hope it all works out and she takes the horse

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Here's a thought: why doesn't the guy that needs to get rid of the horse help find a home for him

Oh wait...that would make sense. Sounds to me that he just wants to shoot something.

Sounds to me like the guy just wants to pawn HIS responsibility off on to somebody else.
People like that shouldn't be allowed to have ANY pets.

I hope the poor thing finds a home with someone who will be a responsible & caring owner.

~KK~