standing up

mirageags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
does anyone elses cat stand up, kind of like a prarie dog or mongoose when something or some noise attracts thier attention all of a sudden? satnading up on his hind legs and his front paws curled in, like ahamster would stand up? paul does this sometimes, my dad saw it the other day and said hes never seen a cat do that before, hes had many of them. does anyone elses cat do this or it just becuase paul is inbred and completely crazy? he does alot of wierd things.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mirageags

does anyone elses cat stand up, kind of like a prarie dog or mongoose when something or some noise attracts thier attention all of a sudden? satnading up on his hind legs and his front paws curled in, like ahamster would stand up? paul does this sometimes, my dad saw it the other day and said hes never seen a cat do that before, hes had many of them. does anyone elses cat do this or it just becuase paul is inbred and completely crazy? he does alot of wierd things.
Alley does that when something catches her attention, but not for long. Not long enough for me to ever get a picture of her doing that!

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have it happen with all three too. Usually they will stand the longest when they try to sniff and sniff when they can't quite see high enough at the interesting thing. It's a pretty cute meerkat pose

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine will do that when she's checking something out...like the clothes hamper or something..
I haven't seen my boy do that often..its my girl that does.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy does this all the time...

He's my little meerkat.

He usually does it to try and see who's at the door (without leaving the living room.