Frankie Jean is now an Angel

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweetest girl, I can't stop crying. I will post more later, but she is gone.
I don't know what happened, but we had no time to get to an emergency vet and I did everything I could - mouth swipe, heimlich - she may have choked or I don't even know...little air was getting in, and she was twirling and snapping over her shoulder when I awoke to the sounds of something very wrong.

I loved this cat with all my heart, and thought we'd have her for so many more years. She's with Patrick now, and the ease that she brought me in seeing her lovely flame color and big blue eyes, reminding me of Patrick's blue eyes and his cream point color, is gone. They are both gone.

Coming so soon after Tyler, who passed just a month ago, and my bil..this is a horrid year.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry. I'm really at a loss for words. I'm just so sorry.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How terrible that must have been. I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. RIP Frankie Jean with your terribly cute freckle nose. You are loved and will be greatly missed.

She knows you did all you could.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness...this is horribly shocking news
I'm so very sorry for your loss

May your beautiful Frankie Jean rest in peace.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know how to respond to this shocking news. Just know that I am very very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, sweet one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband just left to take her to our vet's for cremation. Tippy has an apt. today to have his pseudocysts around his kidneys drained so we had an apt.
I know how shocked our vet will be. The rescuing and fattening up of Miss Frankie, the getting her to trust cats and my husband (she had been abused we think after she was abandoned or ??...she was scared of cats, feet, loud voices, hands coming towards her head, and men) made her very special, as was her getting her kidney values back to normal after her almost 1st year of treatment.

I feel like I let her down...I had been her rescuer several times, once even since she came inside to live with us, when I had to do a Heimlich on her when she seemed to be choking about a year ago.

I want to say it was choking again, but I don't know. I found where there were two areas of regurgitated whole food...and when I heard her, there was little sounds of retching, but only a little sound. She was clearly in some distress and as I got out of bed and approached her, she began jumping/twirling and biting at the air, even running by me. I picked her up and began trying to do get anything lodged loose - did a finger sweep of her mouth, did the Heimlich again and again, woke up my husband..we could see nothing, hear little air getting in...she had thick mucous trailing out one side of her mouth. Then she simply passed...I could feel a constant purr, though there was no sound. Right before she passed, she made a biscuit, one paw at a time. My husband pointed it out, he hoped she was going to be okay as he thought he heard her getting some air in.
If both paws had curled at the same time, I'd say it was a spasm, but one at a time...slow, I saw, I think she said goodbye.

She would have been gone before we were dressed and in the car, so I know there was nothing else we could have done.

I can't explain how much I loved this cat. Her first name was after my husband's most beloved Frank J. Noseripper (yes, my husband has a little scar on his nose), and she came into our lives only a couple of months before I lost my beloved Patrick. She blossumed over the two years with us, had her routines...never meowing except when it was her "lovings" time, marching up the bed with her "cement shoes" after the lights went out to have her special daddy time. Waiting for him to come in at night so he'd see her and then she'd flop and roll over, stretching her front legs out as she did so, making sure to watch to see if he was watching.

So many endearing things about her, she was an incredible girl.

Last night, as I turned out my light, she was on the table at my bedside...just sitting. I wanted to pick her up and snuggle her, but that was not her style, so I just told her to come up, she didn't, and instead went to go get a nibble. Not long after, this whatever it was happened and she died.

I wish I'd made her mad and picked her up. I so wish it.

I will never forget when she flipped that switch and began to trust me..its a long story and I just don't want to get into it again. If you search on Frankie Jean, the thread should come up.

I was so blessed to have her live with us, I wish it had been for many more years.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry.
How I ache for you, I wish there were words to say but I know that words are so empty at a time like this.
I pray for peace for you as you try to deal with such a devastating loss. RIP sweet, sweet Frankie Jean.