It's Damita....again.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's limping, lethargic, throwing up yellow/green liquid, and greasy.

I'm not sure what to make of the limping. Her paw never got to be 100% again. She'll hold it up when she sits, & limp somewhat. When she grabs hold of my arm as I'm holding her, she uses her "good paw" more & her "bad paw" basically not at all.

Dad commented she threw up this AM, normal for her. But, she just threw up twice tonight. Twice in one day, that's still OK. But twice in 5 minutes, not OK.....esp. since that's at least 3xs today.

She's been not eating wet food for a few weeks now, figure she was just bored with the same old food.

But tonight....I noticed she's going to the exact same spot to lay - under the footstool, right by the heat vent, tight against the wall. Her coat has gotten slightly greasy, like she's not grooming herslef 100%.

She did go potty tonight, I watched her. She's drinking & eating dry food normally.

Still....I can't help but wonder what could be wrong now. She's on the Pred still, we're down to 1 pill every other day, day after tomorrow we go to 1/2 pill every other day.

I'd like to take her temp but can't manage a thermometer in her bum by myself. Calling the vet tomorrow AM, praying he can get us in tomorrow afternoon. I'm very
about my Damita.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww I'm so sorry. I'm sending a ton of get well vibes, she'll be in my thoughts tonight.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that just stinks!! I so hope she gets better soon! After the paw things it just stinks that she wouldn't feel good! I can always tell when my Kitties have fevers by either having them lay on me or holding my hand on their heads... (I normally end up taking the temp the ol fashion way just to make sure Im right though)

I hope everything goes well! Good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hopeful it's just a bacterial infection. She's in her kitty bed now in the window, which is cold....leaks so of the frigid outside air. I'm wondering if she's just got a "kitty flu" going on. OK, I'm hoping.

On the downside, when I gave her a hug, she smelled like barf.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crossed fingers it's nothing serious, Natalie. I know she's been through enough, and you love her to pieces...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got her temp last night. I also got bit & scratched, so she can't be feeling that bad. She sank her teeth in good!
She had a temp last night of 105. This AM, it's 103.

I'm not sure how it managed to jump so far. I called the vet, they speculate it's from sitting in the cold window & told me to keep her from doing that. Have they ever tried to stop a cat from doing what it wants?!
Her paw....they're going to talk to the vet & then get back to me.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nerve damage is probably permanent or long term. Meaning, she'll furr-ever have a limp.
Just what this kitty deserves.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know. My cats bite, literally.
Bea didn't punch through the skin....Damita was fighting for her life(she thought it was in danger, apparently). She bit....and hard.\\

I got attacked by my blind cat.