My 7 mo old kitten has a fever

jokur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten became very lethargic about 3 days ago. She was eating and drinking but I wasnt sure if she ate today because I have another kitten who eats alot so it was hard to tell. I immediately took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics. He isnt sure what is wrong but he thinks the antibiotic will work. I hope it does, she is a really wonderful cat. My question is this: the other cat was spayed a week ago and stayed overnight at the vet. She is fine but is it possible that she brought home a germ or something that made the other cat sick?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it came from the Vets. My Meeko had a high fever about 3 weeks ago and wouldnt eat or anything. We think it came from the Vets. Then Coco got it and she just finished her meds today. My Kitten got it to but she didnt need the Vet.

misskiwi67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten recently had a fever of 107, and she did just fine. It could be a bug from the vet, or it could be just something random. Antibiotics probably weren't necessary, but when my kitten had a fever, I was dying to give her ANYTHING because I felt so helpless...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jokur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hidie is feeling better now. The vet gave her Clavamox and her fever went away and she is eating well. Of course I am spoiling her now by giving her bits of chicken and other table food as well as her own food. She is so small, she only weighs 5 pounds and she is 7 months old. I am going to try to help her put on some weight.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jokur

Hidie is feeling better now. The vet gave her Clavamox and her fever went away and she is eating well. Of course I am spoiling her now by giving her bits of chicken and other table food as well as her own food. She is so small, she only weighs 5 pounds and she is 7 months old. I am going to try to help her put on some weight.
Good news. Thanks for the update. Some kitties are just small. Our Mika is 4 years old and weighs in at a heft 8 lbs.
Bijou, her full brother is 5 years old and weighs in at around 17 lbs (he was 18.5 lbs.)

The best way to get kitty to gain some weight is give her kitten food.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Smokey was less then 5 Pounds full grown and looked like a Kitten but she was a feral we caught and saved. My Meeko is 8 Pounds but she was very sick at 3 Months and was 1 Pound then. She will be 8 in June. I am glad your Kitten is better. My Oreo is the runt of the litter and is almost 6 Months. She is about 5.10 Pounds. I heard the other Kittens are way bigger then her.