Purraise
She is a Barbados/Katahdin .
Hair sheep

This is my Stud Ram.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy cow, errr sheep, is she round!!! I think sheep are very cool! Good luck with the birth! I have to say, I have never in my life seen a sheep with a tail either!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love sheep, and it really is nice to see haired varieties.
We only ever had wool sheep.
I had a Suffolk ram that just adored me when I was younger.

Your ewe is gorgeous.

I learned from him that if you ride a sheep, chances are good that it'll only go in reverse

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww...what a beauty!!!

I have had Mouflons and Barbados...Loved them both, but loved the cross of the two even better, because I loved the mouffie attitude more, and markings of the Barbadoes too!

I am guessing your Ram is part Mouflon?? He's lovely...

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awr they are so sweet! And look really well-looked after! I bet the lamb will look just as cute - if not cuter!!
You'll have to post piccies of the little one!
I'm a sucker for lambs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Awww...what a beauty!!!

I have had Mouflons and Barbados...Loved them both, but loved the cross of the two even better, because I loved the mouffie attitude more, and markings of the Barbadoes too!

I am guessing your Ram is part Mouflon?? He's lovely...
I have no clue what kind of mix he is. I bought him b/c of his great temperment and he was just Stunning
they said he was a Barbados mix. But after lookinng up Mouflons i think your right!

I promis to post pics of the lambs
If you look at my Siggy you will see one of last years lamb. (as well as some of my goats and my calf.. and some of my rehabs)

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by naturesgift

I have no clue what kind of mix he is. I bought him b/c of his great temperment and he was just Stunning
they said he was a Barbados mix. But after lookinng up Mouflons i think your right!

I promis to post pics of the lambs
If you look at my Siggy you will see one of last years lamb. (as well as some of my goats and my calf.. and some of my rehabs)
Yeah...the Mouflons always had a much milder temperment than the Barbados did; I loved that about them when I raised the two breeds! Even the rams when fully mature at 2-3 years old retained an easily handled attitude.

I bet your ewe has twins this time around
Can't wait to see what she has!!!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Yeah...the Mouflons always had a much milder temperment than the Barbados did; I loved that about them when I raised the two breeds! Even the rams when fully mature at 2-3 years old retained an easily handled attitude.

I bet your ewe has twins this time around
Can't wait to see what she has!!!
my last Ram was a Fluke of Genetics. He was a pure bred Barbados but pure white !. He was a killer on 4 hooves
he was obsessed with me.. and if I tried to pay attention to my other two sheep ..he woud charge and try to Ram me. He was far to aggressive for my small Herd so I sold him to someone with a bigger group of ladies to keep him busy

this is him "Jacob"

This Is Jacob and Precious's twin Lambs last year. Both boys though this year I want girls!

Precious did have one daughter two years ago. Her Name was Harmony she was Precious's first Baby. She also had one Ram lamb from Jacob/ But Sadly after she weaned Her son. she was attacked by a stray dog. She fell and her leg snapped. and the bone snapped though the front of her leg. We had to have her PTS. RIP HARMONY!

This year I pray she has Twin girls.
I am also adopting a Friesian Lamb

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That white ram looks like a Texas doll...not at all like a Barbadoes in build even!Lol!

Sorry about the dog attack...I have had that happen in the past too; it is always horrific!!!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
24 days left!!!!!!! I am going to try for birthing pics/and a possible video. IS anyone interested? Would anyone be offended if I posted them?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww! What sweethearts!
I have a Southdown pair and my ewe is due to lamb around that same time.
Best of thoughts for a stress-free lambing for momma, the baby and you!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience with sheep, but I have helped my MIL with her goats for 3 years. I guess they are all in the same general family, aren't they. Those pics of the baby sheep look just like baby goats! I guess when I think of sheep I still think of the little whooly white ones.

So how many are you expecting?