Incense

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you burn incense? If so, what's your favorite scent?

My DH and I love burning Dragon's Blood and Strawberry incense! It's a quick remedy for when one of the kitties takes a 'big one' and we love the smell. The cats don't bother with it thankfully, but I keep a watchful eye on it when I have one going.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually I don't care for most insense - it's be a long time since I had any. I prefer scented candles.. but they are a no-no when you have birds in the house.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to burn inscense a lot. I like dragon's blood, and anything with vanilla. Some scents just tickle my nose to much like anything with, I think it's hazelwood? I've gotten out of the habit because most of my burners are still packed up. I have one box that I bought when I was in Indonesia and I absolutely LOVE it! It doesn't have a scent name but it is heavenly.

Hey Bruce, if you read this, have your wife pick up a box for me, will you??? Please...I'm almost out!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to when I was in my teens and early 20's. But as I got older I developed asthma, now that stuff is poison to me. It's a sure way to send me off to the ER for a breathing treatment.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not anymore. I use to in my teens and early 20s, but somewhere along the way I lost interest.

Now I use Febrez Plugins

petstorejunkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually have a friend that hand makes her own insense! She researches every oil for their other purposes to ensure there is no contra-indicatory after effects. It is amazing how much better fresh insense is over the stuff you buy in the stores. Hubby has asthma and none of her insenses bother him.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourites are Pagan and Nag Champa. I like sandalwood, frankincense, lavender etc. I don't like overly sweet like banana, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry etc. Pretty much the same as my taste in candles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Not anymore. I use to in my teens and early 20s, but somewhere along the way I lost interest.

Now I use Febrez Plugins
We have Airwick plugins but those refills can get pricey after a while.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't allow the stuff in my home. DH has asthma and I'm even more sensitive to scented and smoky stuff than he is. Being around that stuff causes us both to choke and wheeze (but hey, at least we're doing it as a couple!
).

To those who have central air/heating with air filters, and burn anything like that in your home - when you have someone out to change the filters or change them yourself. Take a good look at the filters. My FIL is in heating and air and says he can't believe how nasty some of the filters are - covered in black ash/chemicals and wax. Does anyone really find that appealing to breath into their lungs?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Do you burn incense? If so, what's your favorite scent?

My DH and I love burning Dragon's Blood and Strawberry incense! It's a quick remedy for when one of the kitties takes a 'big one' and we love the smell. The cats don't bother with it thankfully, but I keep a watchful eye on it when I have one going.
I burn incense and tarts both! Sometimes oils too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I won't allow the stuff in my home. DH has asthma and I'm even more sensitive to scented and smoky stuff than he is. Being around that stuff causes us both to choke and wheeze (but hey, at least we're doing it as a couple!
).

To those who have central air/heating with air filters, and burn anything like that in your home - when you have someone out to change the filters or change them yourself. Take a good look at the filters. My FIL is in heating and air and says he can't believe how nasty some of the filters are - covered in black ash/chemicals and wax. Does anyone really find that appealing to breath into their lungs?
That sounds gross but at least it's not like cigarettes with the tar. It would seem that one would have to constantly burn incense to get their filters like that though, which we don't.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to burn sandalwood and other fresh scents, but not the hippier heavy mystic scents.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can not use it anymore. It makes my Asthma act up. I did use it before I had Asthma. I do use no flame candles though. They have to be mostly fruit Scents and some other Scents. No flower or any scent like that.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I do

I used to burn scented candles but found that the scent was gone as soon as the candle stopped burning. By burning a little bit of incense once in a while, the smell isn't strong, but it stays. Even two days after burning it, I'll still smell it when I walk into my apartment.

I like wood, spice and nut smells.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

I like to burn sandalwood and other fresh scents, but not the hippier heavy mystic scents.
Same here. I like the ones that have the cleaner water smells. Not the heavy yucky hippy ones.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum burns incense quite often, and the main ones she uses are Sandalwood or Vanilla. I don't like them being used for too long though, they give me a headache! It's a pity really, as I love the smells.

It reminds me of walking into my local Tarot and Palm Reading store each time mum burns one! Even going into that place for a half hour reading makes me light-headed...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I burned it years ago in the 1970's, it is still reminds me of the little head shops that were around then. I burned little cones of Sandlewood and I had a little gold burner that looked like an Asian building. It's been years since I used it, I didn't even know it was still around outside of Catholic and Orthodox churches.