Anyone know about limewire?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had limewire for quite sometime, well *somehow* when you play a song there now, it automatically brings up Rhapsody??
Just curuis as to remove that?? I dont like it doing that

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have it anymore, but I think if Rhapsody was installed with it, go under "control panel" and you should be able to uninstall Rhapsody.

IMO I wont use Limewire (or download music for that matter) because it harbors spyware, plus your basically downloading pirated music (stolen music)

Yeah I dont download music as you can tell.

Not to scare anyone, but I did know of someone who had the cops come to their house because of them using Limewire and had them unistall it in front of them! They were monitering his computer's IP address after.

I dont know why this happened, but after that I quickly took off limewire on my computer, free music isnt worth it to me.

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I built my computer and I would not ruin it with lime wire!
It gets your computer by putting viruses in the songs file.
p.s.honestly there are so many people downloading songs they don't/cant track every single person

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by photographerboy

I built my computer and I would not ruin it with lime wire!
It gets your computer by putting viruses in the songs file.
p.s.honestly there are so many people downloading songs they don't/cant track every single person
No they will however go after the people with the most average downloads and hope their friends take it off and stop downloading pirated music.

Limewire is also one of the worst for spyware and viruses.

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i have the ability to take the viruses out of the file but i would much rather support the band