what does your cat go nuts over?

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With Booja it is paper, any kind, if she can she tears into toilet paper, paper towels, once my daughter actually had to tell the teacher "my cat ate my homework" after she had torn into it.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic - till receipts and lottery tickets, he can play with them for hours at a time!

Radar - feet and footwear

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Monster LOVESS clothes, hands, feet. But his thing is going in the hamper and taking dirty balled up socks & hiding them. He loves dirty clothes for some reason. & another thing is stuffed animals. He has a couple that I made his, & its hilarious to see him carrying them around! Lol!!

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, King, loves my rubberbands and scrunchies. I keep them in a jar on my counter in the bathroom. Every morning, he jumps up there, digs around in the jar until he finds just the right one, and runs off with it. Some days he will even bring it back and drop it in the jar after he's had enough! My other cat, Sam, loves his little blue, fuzzy ball. He carries it with him everywhere, and has a fit if he bats it under the sofa and can't get it out. We have to lift up the sofa at least twice a night for him to retrieve it!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Faith: Laser Pointers, mousies, crinkly balls

Brazil: Feather toys, and other long interactive toys, cat nip, crinkly balls

Martha: she's kind of indifferent to most everything...

cathaus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of our cats go nuts over Valerian Root- its more intense than catnip o.o

Mynah likes to play with her squeaky squirrel, she kicks it up with her hind legs and prances around with it.

Bob LOVES his string toy on a pole with leather pieces at the end.

Olley likes the laser pointer.

Genesis just likes mommy time, she really hasn't ever been one to play with toys.

picasso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anything that makes noise when it falls off the counter/table/shelf onto the floor. That means: bobby pins, coins, earrings, pens, dishes, books, bottles, tacks, jewellery boxes...! She also likes the plastic tabs from milk cartons and the plastic safety-rings from plastic water bottles.

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine both go BONKERS over the laser pointer and just adore the crumpled up pieces of paper. Shoelaces are another thing which can entertain them for hours!

viridianqunayir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Friday: laser pointer, yarn, my hairbands and anything moving under the covers.

Saturday: feather toy thingy, anything crinkly, paper, and anything that makes a noise.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby hooked up a honeysuckle stuffed mouse to a fishing rod and Bijou goes crazy for that. He squats and waits for us to "cast" the mouse down the hall and goes tearing after it and then as we reel it in he tries to catch it. If we get tired of playing and put it down, he'll grab the mouse in his mouth and drag the fishing pole to the kitchen, bedroom or wherever we happen to have gone and drop it at our feet to let us know he still wants to play. He even brought it in and dragged that heavy fishing pole onto our bed one night.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pepper is fascinated by anything and everything... I guess it's because she's only 6 months old. If I leave anything laying around - an empty water bottle, the toilet paper, my keys, a peice of paper... the REMOTE - she goes for it. I hope it's a stage...

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark - Laser pointer, pieces of paper, tassels on clothing and if you wriggle a pen in front of her she will grab hold of it and chew it.

Arwen - Laser pointer, sweet wrappers, pieces of foil rolled into balls, tassels on clothing and also pens if wriggled in front of her.

Brandy - Never really plays with anything any more, he seems to have outgrown playtime

raskolnikov

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat goes nuts for foil, plastic, tape, and lint roller paper. The latter is really disgusting, especially when it is filled with lint and fur.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oreo- any stuffed toy or animal. She grabs them in her mouth and goes around doing a "war cry" until she finds you for some praise. What is funny is when she takes things like my son's Mickey Mouse that is her size and she carries it around.

Snickers- balls of all kinds
Jazz - He loves about anything. Especially fake mice.
Tosh - anything that has cat nip.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Brady loves balls especially a little golf wiffle ball. He will bat one around for an hour at a time. He likes to put them under things like the hassock or a desk and try to get them out. He also loves a feather wand toy that is similar to Da bird. Mia only likes the laser someone gave me. I use it sparingly as I'm afraid she'll go coocoo.

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I'd have to say.. Buster loves laser pointers and automatic litter boxes a lot. He loves to sit and watch the litter box work. Hahaha.

He also will go INSANE.. Over food. He's a porkster. He will wail if you are anywhere near him with a can of tuna.

And he hates cups that are upright. Full or empty, he has made it his duty to knock over any cup that dare stand up straight. He has to knock them not only over, but off of whatever table or counter they are on. They usually also end up under the futon, with a huge trail of liquid behind them. This drives my boyfriend CRAZY.

He adores his catnip squirrel. He goes insane playing with it. Oh, and anything that I happen to be doing all seems to be some part of an elaborate game to him. He will sit there staring at me from across the room, waiting for me to make my next move. No matter what I do, he prepares to rush in to check it out or pounce for the kill. He often rushes right up to me as if I had been some kind of prey, and then immediately runs right off. He's funny.

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kisa May loves her busy mice. She treats then as real (since she's a mouser) and will toss them in the air and bite the tails off.

She also love package peanuts.

She did have a lazer pointer, but after a few minuets she got afraid of it and would run away.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zenoah

Kisa May loves her busy mice. She treats then as real (since she's a mouser) and will toss them in the air and bite the tails off.
At the risk of being overprotective (if there is such a thing), please make sure that she doesn't eat the tails once she bites them off. Ingesting them (and similar objects) could cause an obstruction which sometimes can only be fixed through surgery. You might already be aware of this but maybe some other members can learn something.

Some people here have suggested removing the tail before allowing the cat to play with the toy mouse.

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahh okay.
Well it's rare that she does, and when we do find them we throw them away. Thanks for that bit of info.