Gosh I have soooo much stuff!!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going through boxes and I have NO clue where to put all of my stuff....it's random things not important stuff......but, too important to just toss in the trash.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

I'm going through boxes and I have NO clue where to put all of my stuff....it's random things not important stuff......but, too important to just toss in the trash.
I know that feeling all too well!!!!!
I recently moved and I still have stuff in boxes because I don't want to throw it out
Also because I have NO storage and I'm moving again soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I know that feeling all too well!!!!!
I recently moved and I still have stuff in boxes because I don't want to throw it out
Also because I have NO storage and I'm moving again soon
OH ....totally makes me feel better. Seriously, I had assumed I was the only one.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

OH ....totally makes me feel better. Seriously, I had assumed I was the only one.
Nope.. I'm horrible about it. I even have stuff stored at my mom's house!!

I have empty perfume bottles from when my parent's went to Rome Italy, keychains from across the country..stuffed animals from when I was about 5!.. It's embarrassing

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a ton of that in-between stuff. I have two words for you, Yard Sale.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sell it on ebay or Craigslist if it is slightly valuable (I wouldn't bother with stuff less than $20). Or donate it to charity. They sell all kinds of trinkety stuff at thrift stores, and charities love to get your stuff!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem I have a bunch of stuff I want to keep but no place to put it... you know momentoes from when I was younger and the like that have sentimantal meaning but I just have no place to put them and letting them sit in a box is kind of a waste.
Your not the only one

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were just talking yesterday about ow much stuff we could get rid of, sell or donate. It's a shame that we live in a 3 BR house with a shed bigger than our first house, and we barely have enough room. The attic is full as well. There are just 2 adults and 4 cats.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I had a ton of that in-between stuff. I have two words for you, Yard Sale.

I was like that too, but what helped me was the flood
That took care of it all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have listed some stuff on Ebay....and then there is stuff that is too sentimental to me.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to hear.

I was going to offer, don't feel bad. We moved back in september and our books and some DVDs are still in boxes. We threw out some of our bookcases before leaving (they were rotting) and haven't bought anymore since.

I may get rid of a few though (that are mine)....they were books that I bought on a whim and are only somewhat good.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, you aren't alone. When I packed up my mom's house there was a TON of things I kept of hers and dads, not to mention boxes of my own stuff that I left there. At the time, a lot of it was sentimental. Now I'm finding myself unpacking something and saying to myself "why did I keep that??". A lot of it is perspective.

It's fine to still keep some things in boxes forever, like year books, photos...things that you can't get rid of but don't need to see everyday. That way if you do want to get them out you can, but they aren't taking up space. For things that are sentimental that you do want to display and are out of room, think about individual wall shelves. The one shelf that mounts on the wall (where the cats hopefully won't be able to get to!). That way it can be displayed, you will be able to see it, but it won't be taking space away from everday things that you use.

Good luck! I still have a whole shed of boxes to go through, and I'm not even sure what is in most of them!