ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ - New rules regarding dragon eggs

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There have been some concerns lately with the dragon eggs many members currently have in their signature. We have experienced long load times from the host site which in turn has resulted in longer load times for threads on this site. Some members with the eggs also have not followed the TCS signature rules.
For these reasons the TCS Moderating Staff has decided to limit the number of dragons allowed to be displayed in a signature to one per member. This rule will go into effect at the end of the day on Tuesday, February 12, 2008. Any members that have more than one dragon in the signature after this date will have their dragons deleted. All signatures with dragons in them must still be within TCS Signature rules, including total file size and dimensions.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, you can either have one egg or one adult dragon.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to having dial up internet I don't have signatures displayed. So do members put these items in the signatures or does someone else add them in??

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Due to having dial up internet I don't have signatures displayed. So do members put these items in the signatures or does someone else add them in??
The members themselves have been putting them in.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

So I might have them in my signature???
No you do not have any in your signature. This is something that members have taken upon themselves to do with their own signatures. You can always see your signature through your profile.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

*confused*....is it some game members have in their sigs?
I think it is some sort of game. They put them in there, and want people to click on them. I think if they get enough clicks, they hatch. Not really sure.

Gail - you don't have any

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apart from TCS moderator games (the egg hunt at Easter etc) no one can add anything to someone else's sig unless the person asks a moderator to do it for them because they have a problem editing it themselves.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know whats REALLY annoying! The fact that the person who created the eggs has a super-slow site that has large sprites that sometimes dont even show up for us, so most sites are now turning against having these pictures in our signatures, now this site is included. Soon they may be banned on every site at this rate!

I only go to one other site and very rarely, so this was basically the only place I could happily show mine off, but because of the dragon creators lack of effort to fix the problem, all of us who like his creation have to suffer because of his sites issues.

Basically now that is has come down to this, here's what everyone should do.

Have your favorite dragon in your sig if you want.

But for your other eggs/hatchlings who need clicks, I would make your signature like this.

My dragon scroll. Click the link to view my dragons.

(put scroll link under)

In red it will be noticable, so everyone will still see your scroll and view your eggs/hatchlings, but you wont be breaking the rules.

This is what I will be doing.

Just a hunch, but why not also make a forum topic only for advertising the dragons? Basically the one topic will be for posting your scroll link, since the images only appear in a sig, you cant post them in a thread. Instead of searching through threads to see who has a dragon, they will know to look in that one topic. It can also be for people who need help about them.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

You know whats REALLY annoying! The fact that the person who created the eggs has a super-slow site that has large sprites that sometimes dont even show up for us, so most sites are now turning against having these pictures in our signatures, now this site is included. Soon they may be banned on every site at this rate!

I only go to one other site and very rarely, so this was basically the only place I could happily show mine off, but because of the dragon creators lack of effort to fix the problem, all of us who like his creation have to suffer because of his sites issues.

Basically now that is has come down to this, here's what everyone should do.

Have your favorite dragon in your sig if you want.

But for your other eggs/hatchlings who need clicks, I would make your signature like this.

My dragon scroll. Click the link to view my dragons.

(put scroll link under)

In red it will be noticable, so everyone will still see your scroll and view your eggs/hatchlings, but you wont be breaking the rules.

This is what I will be doing.

Just a hunch, but why not also make a forum topic only for advertising the dragons? Basically the one topic will be for posting your scroll link, since the images only appear in a sig, you cant post them in a thread. Instead of searching through threads to see who has a dragon, they will know to look in that one topic. It can also be for people who need help about them.
That's a good idea. If I decide to start this thing I'll be doing that.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like everyone to have one thread to post pics in - would that work? Then I could see all the dragons that need clicking.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, I am really out of it, I never heard, or saw any dragons or eggs. I clicked on the link above, and it appears to be....ah.....well, in an attempt to be PC, lets just say it is not my cup of tea. What am I missing?
What is the attraction?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There sprites for your signature in the shape of dragons basically. The only difference than regular sprites is that they start as eggs and hatch after so many clicks. Some colors are alot rarer than others, so not everyone will get some easily, making it a "challenge" to get them all.

I have them because I like the design, and new colors will eventually be released, hopefully some based on Holidays or Birthday.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be completely honest, I am not 'for' TCS making a special forum just for dragon eggs. If people want to link in their sig or put one egg in as rules allow, fine. But why should TCS make a special non cat forum to promote another site (one that doesn't run very well at that) to allow further slow downs?

They appear as invisible to me most of the time anyway

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I would like everyone to have one thread to post pics in - would that work? Then I could see all the dragons that need clicking.
When the dragon site is having slow load times, it would be impossible to open that thread and your computer would just hang. We do not want a separate thread just for the eggs. To be honest, if there are still loading issues with members only having one dragon displayed, it is possible they will not be allowed at all in the future.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote a complaint post on the dragon site directed to the creator.

I let him know of the issues and how other site Mod's are getting mad and the people who are using these sprites are getting the raw end of the deal due to his lack of fixing the issue.

I know other sites have limited the amount of dragons your allowed to have, the limit was 2, but 1 on here seems reasonable since there are alot of people.

Well anyway, mabye he will see this and he will wake up and realize his business as I would call it is going downhill.

If anyone else wants to complain to him, post here, it's the dragon site message board, so you have to be a member.

http://dragcaveforum.technoized.com/...?showtopic=596