introducing new cats...HELP!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HI! I just adopted two new cats. (see my Intro thread)
But I have two other cats one nueter male. and one Female who adopted us who has a litter of Kittens.

anyways we have been trying to slowly let them meet. But Princess the female just hates them. I know sh eis being protective of her kikis. but do you think she will get over it? how can we make this work?

We havent let them meet the neutered male yet b/c of th fight with Princess.

O BTW. Princess is going to be spayed

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even if Princess never accepts the other cats, she will eventually tolerate them and find her own space. Well, hopefully. Give her extra attention and lots of love.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are the kittens? And yes, she's probably being protective of them. If the two adult cats were NOT living together before she had the kittens, then it will take a lot longer to adjust to things.

I think once the kittens are gone, she's spayed; then you can work on introductions. In the meantime, try to keep him away from her as much as you can so she won't get that upset.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

How old are the kittens? And yes, she's probably being protective of them. If the two adult cats were NOT living together before she had the kittens, then it will take a lot longer to adjust to things.

I think once the kittens are gone, she's spayed; then you can work on introductions. In the meantime, try to keep him away from her as much as you can so she won't get that upset.
they will be 4 weeks old on tuesday. wow does time pass.

ok so just do what were doing. untill after her kittens go to there homes and Princess is Spayed.