What do you like to get on Valentine's Day?

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i already know what roman will get me, a teddybear, same as last year

but i think nothing could beat my sisters valentines gift a couple years ago. her husband met her at work with a dozen roses, box of candy, a teddybear and the title to her new truck!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already know what i am getting. Its Silk Flowers in a Nice Vase that comes with a box of candy and a Candle that looks like a Hersheys Kiss. Its from Figis and should get here Feb 12th.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the whole traditional Valentines day gifts...a nice dinner, flowers, chocolate, a nice romantic evening without worrying over work/etc. That's what i'd love as far as Valentines goes....unfortuntely that never happens
This year i have to work all that morning (surgery day at the shelter) so i work from 7-4 and then he works from about 2:30-11 that night so we won't even get to spend the day together at all.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you all know what you're getting?

I don't know if I'm getting anything. Dinner would be great. I like to eat, but don't like to cook or clean up

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want my rabbit's ears to be healed correctly. She sliced them in half a week ago and needed reconstructive surgery. We go in on Valentine's Day to take the stitches out.

Sassy also gets her spay stitches out the same day as long as Kayden getting a check up and maybe needing surgery. His neuter had complications.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love valentine's chocolates and flowers are nice too! This valentine's my husband and I have reservations at a nice restaraunt and we might go see a movie or something. Call me crazy but.... I am sooooo excited!!!!
So I am not sure if I will get any other gifts or not since we are already going out, but I hope so!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a romantic dinner and some roses. I really don't need the chocolate and I don't were much jewelry.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...being divorced for the last 20 years, and dateless for the last 8...I guess I know what I'm getting....nothing.

I will take my Dad out for dinner. Valentine's Day is their 50th wedding anniversary, and Mom is out in California, visiting my sister. It's more like a mental health intervention, which my sister desperately needs. My parents have never been apart longer than overnight, since they were married, so this is pretty difficult for my dad to be separated from Mom on their 50th.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

i already know what roman will get me, a teddybear, same as last year

but i think nothing could beat my sisters valentines gift a couple years ago. her husband met her at work with a dozen roses, box of candy, a teddybear and the title to her new truck!
That's what I'd like!

Originally Posted by Misty8723

I would like to come home from work and find the house clean. That will never happen.
That would be a miracle

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...for all the lovey dovey crap to be gone from the stores to remind me that I have no one!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A small amount of chocolates to savour that nice and then be gone!!

I bought a really cool bouquet of flowers at the garden expo today-proteas, and some other cool tropical flowers-the workers at the booth said they can last in the vase two months!! Then dry them!! So I guess I bought my own flowers.

Dinner out would be nice but the place I would like to go to is most likely booked up.

Jewelry-well that's not gonna happen. He keeps reminding me about the emerald ring he bought 10 years ago that was a bit gaudy for my tastes so I exchanged it for a different one. So he hasn't picked out any jewelry since. ( I've picked it out instead).

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I have to pick just one?!
If there's one thing I would want, that would be roses. I'm a sucker for them and my hubby knows it, lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I love the whole traditional Valentines day gifts...a nice dinner, flowers, chocolate, a nice romantic evening without worrying over work/etc. That's what i'd love as far as Valentines goes....unfortuntely that never happens
This year i have to work all that morning (surgery day at the shelter) so i work from 7-4 and then he works from about 2:30-11 that night so we won't even get to spend the day together at all.
Nikki, it sounds like Kojak and Butzie will get to spend more time together on Valentine's day than you and Colin.

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I like to get them at work so everybody can see that at man can receive flowers, too.
I sent a dozen red roses to DH the first Valentine's day after we were married. He loved it!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I chose other. I would like "anything"

DH asked me yesterday if he had to get me something for Valentine's Day

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
KITCHEN CABINETS!!!!

Sorry, had to rant. It's been a crappy 2 months trying to just BUY the
things. I literally have a headache now over it. I woke up with the worst headache of my life, and today's not helping.

I could care less about Valentine's Day right now. I just want my kitchen back. And, I don't feel romantic, never do, sorry. And it's just a ploy for men to get sex that day. You have to feel obligated, because he bought you flowers, fed you, then had the nerve to give you a sexy nightie. Wow. I get a sexy nightie, so I can wear it for him. Some gift. What's so romantic about being made to feel guilty for not providing sex? Ok, call me bitter!

Also, I hate those big, stuffed Valentine's Day animals. I think they're a waste of good money, and probably end up in a landfill a few years later. What's the point? Honestly, does a guy really think giving me a huge, stuffed gorilla that plays bongo drums, "dances" and "sings" the way to my heart? (If I had one, that is ;-)

As for candy, I'm diabetic. No fun there. The boxes are pretty, though.

As I've been married a few years now, V. Day just isn't as important to me now. I have it just about every other day of the year, with my DH (when we're not arguing over some real or imagined slight!). He tells me he loves me every day, and gives me the sweetest cards for other holidays, and sometimes brings me flowers (yes, I did tell him to buy them at the grocery store, so he wouldn't have to pay too much. I also nixed the idea of Valentine's roses, when I found out how much he paid for them; and I don't care for roses, anyway.)