My second pre-natal appointment is Monday...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and for some reason I am SO nervous!!

I'm 13 weeks along (yay!) and I had my first pre-natal appointment when I was nine weeks. We got an early ultrasound and everything looked great--we even got to see our little peanut kicking and moving his/her little arms!
The heart rate was a nice strong 175 bpm! (girl maybe?)
The doctor said everything was fine, and I wasn't nervous really at all before that appointment.

Since Thursday though I've been incredibly so. I'm terrified that they won't be able to find the heartbeat this time or something. I know its normal to worry--and it will probably only get worse after the baby is born lol, but it sucks.

On the bright side, its only about 7 more weeks until we find out the gender!

I just hope this weekend passes quickly and my appointment Monday morning goes normally!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this your first baby? Even if it isn't (sex soon to be determined), anxiety is common. Think of all those hormones.
Think of that bundle of joy that is coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys!

Originally Posted by butzie

Is this your first baby? Even if it isn't (sex soon to be determined), anxiety is common. Think of all those hormones.
Think of that bundle of joy that is coming.
Yep this is our first!
I think I'm going to rent a doppler in the next week or two so I can listen in whenever I want. I can't wait until I can feel the little bugger moving around in there so I always know he/she is okay.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww i'm soo excited for you!!!
You're going to be a wonderful momma when that little one finally gets here! Till then try not to stress out too much and just take it one day at a time!!
Many vibes heading that way!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I can't wait until I can feel the little bugger moving around in there so I always know he/she is okay.
Trust me, once you feel it kick in the middle of the night so much that you can't sleep, you'll wish you were back when you couldn't feel it.
The little guy I surrogated was a night owl!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh Yay!! the Joys of Pregnancies... Especially since its your first time!!

Ive not experienced it yet but ive been around a lot of Preggo People and I cant wait till my time comes!!
Im sending lots of that the babies ok and that you have a nice second pre-natal appointment!!!

Oh and CONGRATS BTW!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You dont have to rent a doppler!! Go to walmart and spend between 20 & $50 dollars (depends upon how much you want to spend and what quality) and you can buy one!! I listened to mine all the time! I had the one that I could record the noises on.... So neat!! I bet its alot cheaper than renting one and you'll be able to do heaps of cool things with it!! Id stock up on the latest cartoons too! You're going to need them!! Congrats!!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!! Yes it's normal to worry and freak out. I have a scan every 4 weeks and still freak out when the time comes. I'm going into my 18th week (17w4d) and we'll have our big scan soon to see what model I have in there and I'm freaking out now weeks in advance. LOL

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How exciting for you! My neice is due in May and is having a boy. Try to take some deep breaths and calm yourself honey everything will be just fine.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Trust me, once you feel it kick in the middle of the night so much that you can't sleep, you'll wish you were back when you couldn't feel it.
The little guy I surrogated was a night owl!
So was Deacon.. People would ask me what it felt like when the baby would move and the only way I could describe it was a HUGE gas bubble floating around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the reassurance and vibes you guys!! I feel a little bit better about it today. I haven't gained any weight but suddenly I have a pudge that won't suck in! LOL

I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow!