Lost my voice and I NEED it back for tomorrow!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please help!!

I will try anything...I have to do the bike show tomorrow which is a big promotion for our office and its VERY IMPORTANT that I get my voice back.

I have some coughing but no other symptoms..and I have to spend my neices birthday party today with no voice

Can you guys suggest things to help my voice come back!?

PLEASE, I really appreciate it

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green tea (naturally decaf) with honey and a bit of lemon juice, as well as keeping hydrated with water. Also, try not to talk at ALL. Do you have phlegm built up? If so, get some Mucinex.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When you do talk, don't whisper--speak with the hoarse voice. Whispering will only make things worse.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also advise not talking at all. Carry around pen and pad of paper. If you can't talk tomorrow, try not to sweat it too much. These things happen! Focus on how you can help in other ways.

When this happened to me, it was more serious than I realized, so I hope you can get to a doctor soon.

Sending good vibes!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Please help!!

I will try anything...I have to do the bike show tomorrow which is a big promotion for our office and its VERY IMPORTANT that I get my voice back.

I have some coughing but no other symptoms..and I have to spend my neices birthday party today with no voice

Can you guys suggest things to help my voice come back!?

PLEASE, I really appreciate it
I have nothing to help make your voice come back but my boyfriend is working at that bike show today. I am assuming it is the same one in London.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Try gargling with warm salt water. Do it every hour. It helps kill the bacteria that is in the back of your throat. Also I like to have warm water with lemon and honey. It stings a little but soothes it at the same time...if that makes sense.
Get better soon!!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ohhh just be carefull. i started out the same way and ended up at the dr. with viral pnewmonia (sp) in both lungs. musinex and robitusin work pretty good for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes and suggestions. I will try them!

I didn't realize it could be serious
I don't get sick..so usually my voice just goes away and then comes back a couple days later.

I wonder what other signs are if it is serious..

(Yes catlover19, its the same bike show
)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately you can't rush something like that. Only time will heal your throat and give you your voice back. Sorry

Can someone substitute for you at the bike show?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having problems with my voice, but I have the bad congestion too. My MIL suggested an old folk remedy. Bake an onion in the oven, the squeeze the juice out of it, mix it with a little sugar and drink it. Has anyone else heard of this? My MIL is from Pennsyvania and while most of their remedies sound weird a lot do actually work. I haven't tried it yet though.

Lemon and honey work good too. At least you're not feeling all over crappy.

I hope you get your voice back before the show. Are you supposed to be MC, or are you doing something where you can just smile and nod a lot?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I also advise not talking at all. Carry around pen and pad of paper. If you can't talk tomorrow, try not to sweat it too much. These things happen! Focus on how you can help in other ways.
Sending good vibes!
On the bright side, Nat, you won't have to talk to the boss's best friend's daughter.

All of the suggestions were great. I would go for the pad and pen. It could definitely work to your advantage. "I have lost my voice but I want to help so if you cannot understand me I can write a reply." " I lost my voice because I have been so excited about this show that I have spent hours talking about it! etc. The sympathy thing does work sometimes.

Good

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i've found that straight lemon juice will bring back a voice, temporarily - it's quite hard on the vocal cords tho, & afterwards it'll be worse than before, so i can't really recommend it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.........I spent my neices birthday party as the leader of the second bowling team..so there was ALOT of talking not to mention "hoorahs" and "way to go's". It was 8 year old children, I couldn't not encourage them
. And yes I explained to them why I sound like a donkey in heat.

Then my 2 year old neice asked me to read her a bedtime story...how could I possibly say no
(I'm surprised she even understood what I was saying
)

So, I am worse then I was this morning. I am staying quiet now until I MUST speak though..and I am sitting here drinking some green tea

Geesh..what bad timing!