Just had me feelings hurt in a Weight Loss Chat

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went in a Jenny Craig Chat Room and the people were so Rude to me. I told them how many Pounds I want to lose and they told me I am Crazy. I am only 4'9 and the Dr wants me to Weigh 100 Pounds. I told them I need to lose 47 Pounds and this gut was so Rude so I left the room. The Dr told me I should Weight between 83 Pounds to 111 at the most. I do not think i wil ever go in that Chat again.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry people were rude to you. I would think people with the same goal, to lose weight, would stick together.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is terrible. It amazes me how rude people can be. Your doctor is the expert here. Keep at your weight loss goal.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if they thought you might be a troll? Weighing between 89 to 100 might seem like a joke to them. Even I was like wow! 89 to 100 is so tiny IMO.

I'm sorry you were treated like that.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry they were so rude, that is not what a support group/chat is supposed to be about!

I have a cousin and aunt who are both under 5 feet, and I know that what would be a weight I'd love to be, would be way too much for them. (My cousin, pre-kids used to wear a size 0. Only person I've ever met who wore that size!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks All,
My Sister who is 4'8 is 80 Pounds and Wears size 0. I used to wear Size 4 but never did wear Size 0. I talked to Jenny Craig when I joined. She said pick a Weight between 83-111 Pounds. I told her I want to be 100 because that is what the Dr said to go for. It was some guy that needs to lose 200 Pounds that was Rude. I am in some other Cat Groups and Cancer Groups because my Husband is in remission from Leukemia. We talk about Weightloss sometimes and they are all nice. This Guy told me I am wasting my money too. I never expected anyone to be Rude in a Weight Loss Chat.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, sounds like this guy was a weight loss faker.

Just remember in future forums to ignore the rude people.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so stupid!!! I can't believe someone was rude to you on that site!!!

I joined Curves (for women) in July, but I am cancelling my memebership for the same reason as you. I've gained 40lbs in the last 2 years and I'm really upset about that. I only went up one pant size so I don't look that much bigger, but I feel that much bigger. One lady that works there has been quite rude a few times asking me why I even joined and that I'm so much smaller than everyone else that works out at Curves

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People are just so rude. I have the opposite problem and am underweight. It's not that I dont eat...cause I eat a lot but I'm just too thin. I want to weigh more. Perfect strangers that I do not know come up to me on the street, in the restrooms, where-ever and make comments like " you're going to blow away in the wind", you're too thin...or the best one..."go eat a sandwich". Geez

I don't think it matters if you are overweight, underweight or just right - if you don't fit into the mold that someone thinks is right for them they will condem you for it.

Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"? This should apply to chat rooms too. So sorry you were treated badly.

felinelady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's no excuse for that rude person's behavior. You went to that site for support, not verbal abuse.

I can completely sympathize with you because I am also in the process of losing weight and toning up--and I have a long way to go.

If you ever decide you'd like a fitness buddy, I am only a PM away.

Blessings,

Felinelady

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Wow, sounds like this guy was a weight loss faker.

Just remember in future forums to ignore the rude people.
It's usually best to just ignore people like that. Did your chat had an ignore button? I'd use it on him!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its the internet, people hide behind a monitor and think they can say whatever they want.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That bites. You need positive reinforcement, NOT negative criticism! Stay away from those boneheads. You know what you have to do. Just visualize yourself thinner and try your best to lose the weight. Do NOT get down on yourself. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks! There are several of us here trying to lose weight - one of the threads, is called Weight Watchers Question, I think. Come join us - or start one. We're NICE people here, LOL!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Girl if he needed to loose 200 pounds maybe he just said it out of jelousy. Dont mind him. He' just talkin out his arse, maybe you should have reported him to the site or something. its amazing how rude people can be, online and in person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks All,
Feline I wil Pm you.
I do go to Curves too and tried the diet with them but it was not good for me.
EnzoLeya Sorry you had people that werent nice at Curves.
The people that work at my Curves are nice.
We have real thin people taht work out there too.
To Everyone Else
Thanks for being there for me.
I go to Butterflies too.
There are a few Rude ladies that work out at Curves.
They do not talk to anyone at all.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that the rude man may have been jealous.

(Maybe he didn't realize that you're 4'9" and 100lbs is a healthy weight?)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are so lucky to have a friendly forum. I have not had many other forum experiences...but my sister recently joined a great dane forum..and she was a newbie trying to learn things..and they would literally mock her

Some people are SO rude on forums..they think because they are behind a monitor, it gives them a license to be horrible to people.

Sorry you were treated that way