Who believes in psychics?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So years ago I had a tarro card reading, just for fun. I've never put much stock in this kind of thing, but something sort of freaked me out this week. One of the things he said was that I was going to go back to school for something related to psychology. Well I did go back for a masters in Counseling. Then he was talking about my romantic future & mentioned a couple differnt men that had control issues. I can't really think of who this might be, but then he started talking about my future husband. He said I would meet him at school or something related with me going back to school and that he would apear physically weak, but would be very emotionally strong. Well since I'm at a woman's college I didn't think anything about this. Well it turns out that men can get their masters at our college. I had my first class with a guy in it this past week and get this he has a disability. I don't know exactly what is wrong, but he has something wrong with his right arm. I didn't even think about it that night, but wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be the one. Now I'm not saying I'm going to persue him, or go after him because of what this pychic said 10 years ago, but I just think it would be intresting.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe in some psychics, very few. One famous psychic that predicted some medical treatments, especially having to do with diabetes and some other medical research has been right on the money about some things that would occur in a specific length of time.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was ganna post a thread about Psychics a while ago but I wasnt sure if it would offend people.. so I didnt.
But umm.. since you brought it up... My Grandmother ((RIP)) was a Psychic, she read Tea Leaves and had visions. My Uncle ((RIP)) was a Psychic.. He had Visions and told my mom and my brothers things about there future ((which are still coming out)) and stuff like that. And my Moms a Psychic ((Miranda M. Tempest))... she uses Tarot Cards... shes actually pretty good, once a month I ask her for a reading and the one reading she gave me that really caught my eye was the one she did about my cat Egypt.. about 2 weeks before we found out Egypt had been PTS my mom gave me a Reading and in the reading she mention that Egypt wouldnt be coming back to live with us but she didnt know why... sure enough Egypt never came.... that was just one reading among others.
Now I dont know were I stand in the Belief and Non-believing of Psychics.. I cant say I believe in it completely but I cant say I dont believe in it at all. I just figured id mention that.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. My good friend is a psychic...there is nothing you can keep from her.

I like the psychic Sylvia Browne (she is on Montel alot). Alot of psychics that go on talk shows you can just tell they are fake...and she seems real to me.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i may have posted about this somewhere in the posts before, but I had a reading done and the lady read tarot cards.
I went to find out if my then boyfriend had bought me the ring I really wanted. Stupid I know.
Turns out she said he did, but it wouldn't work out. He wasn't for me.
We wouldn't last very much longer and I would meet another man.
He would have salt & pepper hair, older, and a few other things I don't recall at the moment.
And that there would be a long, dark haired woman involved who would cause a lot of trouble in our relationship.

Sho'nuf (lol)
This DID happen in less than a year.
Exactly!

I met my 2nd husband and his x-wife and grown daughter BOTH fit this to a T! They caused me so much trouble, so many times.

You tell me this was a fake reading!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I definitely believe in psychics, but I don't believe that everyone is a psychic that claims to be one.

About 16 years ago some friends and I went to a psychic fair just for fun. I saw four psychics. Three were completely off base, even though what they said seemed to make sense at the time.

The fourth read playing cards, and nothing she said made any sense. She said I was going to marry the guy I was dating, but not for a long time. She said I'd get a new job related to the health care industry, and that would be my career. She said that I'd part ways with the friends I had then and new ones would come into my life. It seemed like complete hogwash...but in time it all happened.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

I was ganna post a thread about Psychics a while ago but I wasnt sure if it would offend people..
lol dont worry about it. Someone will always get offend by something. SO dont worry about it
offened away.

I really just wanted to say that

but No i dont believe is psychics.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I believe in some psychics, very few. One famous psychic that predicted some medical treatments, especially having to do with diabetes and some other medical research has been right on the money about some things that would occur in a specific length of time.
Are you talking about Edgar Cayce, man of brilliance?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I was actually talking about Sylvia Browne. Edgar Cayce was, as you put it, a man of brilliance, and very much gifted, but I could not recall any of the many, many things he has gotten right at the moment I was posting. Truly an amazing man, and gifted psychic. One of the few I think had the true gift of sight.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand when my fingers press the wrong key.

Anyway, I do believe in psychics to some extent, although descriptions of Prof. Sybill Trelawney in the Harry Potter books made me think twice about it.

I think that there are persons who see things that we cannot see because we may not be open to such visions.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I believe, but a coworker of mine goes to psychic classes on Thursdays (we call it psychic Thursday).

She learns how to be more open and sensitive, as well as how to understand Tarot cards, etc.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

Are you talking about Edgar Cayce, man of brilliance?
My mom and my brother base there whole life around that guy... I do believe in him but to an extant... lets just say my mom and my brother are looking forward to the end of the world on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:59am... idk if I believe in that or not.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sister went to one before she had her first Son. She was way off on everything. She said it would be a girl and she woud be 2 weeks early. She had a Boy and he was late. I also have a friend who went to one andeverything was right. I do like Sylvia Brown.