WalMart denies service dog access

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have NO idea how they were able to do it. I would have had the authorities there in a heart beat. Pitbulls face a lot of undeserved discrimination and breed specific legislation.

There is a text box you can use to sign the petition immediately following the article.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyTales

I have NO idea how they were able to do it. I would have had the authorities there in a heart beat. Pitbulls face a lot of undeserved discrimination and breed specific legislation.

There is a text box you can use to sign the petition immediately following the article.
Oh I wrote Walmart and told them how I felt...totally apalled; then gave them the facts on just how 'rigorous' a Service Dogs training is...there is no way any dog can flunk any part of his testing and become a Service animal...it doesn't matter what breed he is!!!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From the links on the site, I'm pretty sure this happened a year ago, and Wal-Mart has apologized, talked to the managers who did this, and sent Chloe an apology treat basket.

It does seem that many stores apparently do not realize that denying entry to service animals is illegal. How that can be, I have no idea.

Tricia

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Um...every Walmart I've worked at for the past 3 years have allowed service dogs. Sheesh we even allow regular dogs in most of the time so we don't have to deal with stupid customers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like you're right Green Bunny. Still happy to support APBTs where I can. Sad that in one year, they missed they're goal of petition signers by more than half.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad they got in trouble for it! I just can't believe they thought they could deny the dog!!!!!