TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › No more vinegar and salt chips for him
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No more vinegar and salt chips for him

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Yesterday I was up at the store working with a friend. And well lets face it my youngest son is spoiled rotten up there. He gets whatever he wants (I know the store owner to and she does the same). Well she gave him a small bag of vinegar and salt chips. Either he is allergic or just not used to them. Because 1/2 into the bag and started to complain his upper lip hurt. And it started to turn red. Well he just woke up and above his lip and the side is all red and sore. Almost like a scratch but he did not scratch it yesterday and it did not look like that when he went to bed. So either he is not used to them or allergic to something in them. So mental note to self no more vinegar chips for him.
post #2 of 9
Oh no, Bless his heart! Definetly no more of those chips for him! Did you give him benadryl? Might help if it's allergic reaction...
post #3 of 9
Hopefully your son is doing better now
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty View Post
Oh no, Bless his heart! Definetly no more of those chips for him! Did you give him benadryl? Might help if it's allergic reaction...
I don't have any in the house right now. But it does not seem to bother him today. Yesterday he just said it hurt but did not say in itched.
post #5 of 9
Vinegar and salt sounds painful to my lips. Hope your youngest is okay.
post #6 of 9
I'm glad it's not hurting him at least... my older son has weird reactions to some foods that are strange like that, but are not allergic. Certain acidic or sour foods will cause a path of red splotches on the side of his face. It goes away real quickly after he eats and doesn't bother or hurt him at all either.
post #7 of 9
Poor little guy, I hope he's feeling better! When I was little, I used to have that exact same reaction whenever I ate pickles... I grew out of it as I got older.
post #8 of 9
I hope he feels better soon.

I love salt and vinegar chips but I find them very acidic and if I eat too many of them I find that my lips feel sore and "burned" from the acid in the vinegar and the harshness of the salt. So I try to eat them only occasionally and stick to more "mild" chips like BBQ or Dill Pickle flavours.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
I hope he feels better soon.

I love salt and vinegar chips but I find them very acidic and if I eat too many of them I find that my lips feel sore and "burned" from the acid in the vinegar and the harshness of the salt. So I try to eat them only occasionally and stick to more "mild" chips like BBQ or Dill Pickle flavours.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › No more vinegar and salt chips for him