Some Help..?

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So me and my mom went into this Historical place last week and they had this thing... umm idk what its called but its like a mini version of our town sitting out on display.. I really liked it! and Im watching Beetlejuice at the moment and they have the mini town thing too!
I was thinking.. ive always wanted to build one of those.. and since I have so much time on my hands.. why not?!!! So I was wondering if anyone else has built one before ((or if anyone even knows what its called
)).. and I was also wondering if anyone knows some good sites where I can buy the stuff to build it?? ((the fake grass, fake water, lil trees, lil buildings, ect.)).

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I think you must be talking of a scale model of your town. I did one when I was at school a long time ago. First you need to decide what scale you will be doing it at, depending on the size of your town, and the start with a piece of board that size. For example 1:50mm, every 50mm represents 1 mile life size. You can decide on any scale you want really but you have to stick to this when plotting out things like roads etc. Or if you just want to do a rough model then thats fine as well. Things like water, buildings, trees etc. can be purchased from any good model shop, although things like houses would not be exact.Hope this is of some help for you.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
check out sites that deal with model railroads,
they often have some of that stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Well I think you must be talking of a scale model of your town. I did one when I was at school a long time ago. First you need to decide what scale you will be doing it at, depending on the size of your town, and the start with a piece of board that size. For example 1:50mm, every 50mm represents 1 mile life size. You can decide on any scale you want really but you have to stick to this when plotting out things like roads etc. Or if you just want to do a rough model then thats fine as well. Things like water, buildings, trees etc. can be purchased from any good model shop, although things like houses would not be exact.Hope this is of some help for you.
That helps a lot actually!! Thanx!
I think im ganna do a Rough Model... No town in particular.. just randomness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by theimp98

check out sites that deal with model railroads,
they often have some of that stuff.
I could do that... I was also told to try places that build doll houses and sell doll house supplies.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

That helps a lot actually!! Thanx!
I think im ganna do a Rough Model... No town in particular.. just randomness.
That actually sounds pretty cool! Make sure you post progress pics

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That actually sounds pretty cool! Make sure you post progress pics
I will!! lol I cant wait to get started.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a neat-o idea!

I've always wanted a room with a scaled down city (none in particular)...then if I have a bad day at work, come home and knock down the city

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That's a neat-o idea!

I've always wanted a room with a scaled down city (none in particular)...then if I have a bad day at work, come home and knock down the city
lol nice!!
I was thinking once I have the town made and done ((which wont be for a while)) I could put my Rats on it and take pics that look like there Giant Rats Attacking!!
((I think my cats would be way to big to do that
))