On No Luxor! Diet time for you!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought Luxor to the vet today to get his nails trimmed. Of course this is traumatic enough as he HATES the carrier. He's ok with the ride and the clipping, just the carrier wigs him out.

Well, when we brought him in to the vet last Nov. He weighed 9.4 lbs. Today they weighed him.........

and the big boy weighed in at...................

We couldn't believe it, so now Luxor is on a diet......We looked it up and he was getting too much. So we are going to get him back on target with food.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like such a slim kitty though! How old is he? Maybe he's still growing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's 1.5 years.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He looks like such a slim kitty though!
If he's in good condition I wouldn't worry about what the scale says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think he's in good condition but the vet marked his chart as 'fair' because of his weight - he was 'excellent condition"

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, BooBoo weighs alot more than that... He was meant to be a big kitty though! He weighs 13lbs now, he was at 14 till I switched his from Hills Science Diet to Nutro. I hope the dieting goes alright! Good luck to ya!! I free feed mine so I dont know how the diet thing would work in my house! They only get a cup of a food a day between the 3 of them and then a can of soft kitty food too... So I think he's just a big boy!