A question for the ladies (female issue)

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone here ever had cysts on their ovaries? I've had this pain in my right side for almost 3 weeks now. It started when I ovulated, and will go away for a couple days then come back. It seems especially bad today. I'm preety sure it's a cyst, but do those hur super bad?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, some hurt...for me it was when I sat down it hurt, but it was a hematocrit cyst and just went away on it's own...You should call the Dr and get in for an ultrasound just to be sure...it could be anything. Good luck!!

felinelady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I had this condition when I was 19. Fortunately, surgery was not required, but it can indeed be painful.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one on one of my ovaries, but it doesn't bother me. I understand some can be quite painful, though. You should definitely see your doctor.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Has anyone here ever had cysts on their ovaries? I've had this pain in my right side for almost 3 weeks now. It started when I ovulated, and will go away for a couple days then come back. It seems especially bad today. I'm preety sure it's a cyst, but do those hur super bad?
Yeppers. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which results in spontaneous growth of cysts on one or both ovaries. These cysts do get reabsorbed and new ones appear. But I always know when I have one because it feels like ... to be blunt ... that someone has reached up inside of me and is ripping out my guts.

If your pain is on your right side, it could very well be Appendicitis. Go to your doctor. A ruptured appendix can kill you. Go now, do not pass go. Go directly to ER.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are ovarian cysts something that can just come on later? I've been having issues with pain on one or both sides on and off for a few months now, generally around the week before and after my TOM. I had to go to a urologist for something unrelated and mentioned the pain to him, but he didn't say anything about it. My normal doctor just left our office and now I have to start with a new dr, but don't know who it is, also takes like a month and a half to even get in. Bunch of crap, but... what do you guys think?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one when I was in my early 20s that grew so big I looked like I was pregnant. I knew something was wrong, but I was afraid to go to the doctor. So I ended up having emergency surgery to have it and my ovary removed. I've had others that came and went, but none as bad as that one. It did hurt every once in awhile, but usually it didn't. I think it would be good if you got checked by a doctor just in case.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've had them as I remember pain was so bad my supervisor followed me home to make sure I got there. I had and ultrasound which didn't reveal anything. A friend had suggested a "tipped " uterus but I'm not sure if that is a medical condition or not.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, do go see your Dr about it. I have had them several times. The first ones I had, I had one burst. I hit the floor it hurt so bad but thankfully it did not do any damage. I have had a couple others but those just went away slowly. It deffinetly pays to have it checked though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yeppers. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which results in spontaneous growth of cysts on one or both ovaries. These cysts do get reabsorbed and new ones appear. But I always know when I have one because it feels like ... to be blunt ... that someone has reached up inside of me and is ripping out my guts.
That's exactly what it feels like! I have PCOS as well. If you think you have some medical problems going on i'd really recommend you make an appointment to see your doctor and have an ultrasound done. Good luck!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had cysts on my ovaries too...oh that was a lot of pain. Even went for a laproscopy (sp).. because the dr also thought that I had endometriosis.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had them too, on both sides and for awhile I did feel some pain but now they really don't bother me. Hopefully they just went away. My doctor told me if I felt pain again she would refer me to a Gynecologist.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I called my doctor and said if the pain was an issue to make an appointment. Also that those would not cause my other issue that I had. I still have another appointment with the urologist on the 25th so I may wait until after I see him and talk to him about it as well and then make an appointment with my reg. DR. (who I found out, becomes whoever is available at the time)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's strange, I really didn't feel good this morning, but the pain was more dispursed on that side, then suddenly in the last hour the pain has faded and I feel fine again. Today is also the last day of my TOM. I'm going to wait to see how I feel over the weekend, then call if it still hurts. Even if the pain returns next month I'm calling. Yesterday there was a point that I could barely walk.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister had them when she was 12 years old and they caused a whole lot of pain and discomfort, she had to have surgery to remove them.