How Many Inches of Snow do You Have?!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got 13.5 inches in our yard right now!!!!!!
I'm getting so tired of snow. It took me an hour to drive 25 miles to school today! That's INSANE!!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the last 24 hours we got about 2 feet. It really sucks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

In the last 24 hours we got about 2 feet. It really sucks!
TWO FEET!!!! Oh my goodness.....see that's why I started this thread. So I could feel better about my situation

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

None.

We haven't had any in years, and probably won't
You don't have any in Virginia!!!! I'm surprized by that! It gets pretty chilly there!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snow? What's snow?
I'm in sunny California! It's supposed to get up to 60 where I am

Edit: Nat - Stumpy said she'd prefer to have her date with Dorky here rather than cold cold Minnesota

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how much we have outside but its probably about 2-3 feet. We got about another 13" last week, so after that, I stopped keeping track

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dorky's fine with that....although Stumpy might like to watch the flakes fall by candlelight.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live Northwest of Toronto and we got about 2 feet. Lots of cars stuck in their driveways this morning and a few in the snow banks on the way to work - lots of fun driving. Yesterday I had to take 3 runs at a hill before I managed to get to the top. My car was sliding backwards down the hill while I was sitting there with the brake on - a little scary to say the least.
Told hubby that next winter I will have snow tires and not all seasons on my car.
Apparently the snow tire rubber stays softer at low temperatures (all seasons get hard at around 7 degrees above zero), hence the better grip. The folks on the radio this morning were saying that all seasons should only be used in winter in some US states - that they are not suitable for Canada or US states that receive snowfall.

But our snow crews here in Canada are amazing folks. They started clearing shortly after midnight/or wee morning hours so this morning's commute to work wasn't as bad as it could be and most, if not all, major routes are cleared, sanded/salted and good to go.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we have gotten about 20 cm that is of course on top of the 30 cm we got last weekend and the 3 feet we had fall earlier in January.... The dow went outside this morning and disapeared into a snow bank

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a snow day today and we have about 10" of NEW snow........I lost track at how much we actually have.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. We did have a light dusting a couple weeks ago, and everyone was disappointed it wasn't more. Any snow we get here pretty much shuts everything down. A few years ago we got less than an inch of snow and it paralyzed the roads. People were in their cars all night! Over an inch of snow! Unreal.

I grew up in the snow belt, lake effect snow, so I know what y'all are talking about.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday afternoon and last night. This was on top of about 8 inches we had earlier in the week. I'm sick to death of snow. I can't wait for spring!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't get any snow here in Winter. Have to go out a couple of hours further into the mountains.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we broke a all time snow season record of 122inches early in the week