Is she cute or what?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've said this many times, but since our Lizzie went to the Bridge we've been looking for another cat.
Every single day I look at the local...if you can call 30 some odd miles local...humane society page to look at the cats.
I saw her today, it says she's young which isn't really what we wanted...we wanted to give an older cat a new home...but her face and the fact that her owners gave her up because they were moving just got to me.
Hope this link works http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10214027
I'm going to go check her out as soon as I can.

And if you live anywhere near Indiana, Pennsylvania and you want an older, declawed Persian check out this handsome man...his owner passed away.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10214051

I wish we had room for more cats, they have so many right now that if you adopt one, you get the second half price and the third one for free.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She's beautiful! Very bold markings and of course, I'm a sucker for a tri-color.

At first I thought, Indiana isn't really close to Pensylvania.... then I realised it was a city name! D'Oh

What a great adoption deal! A BOGO for cats!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a gorgeous girl! her colors are very bold, looks like a bit of an attitude too

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous!
Sounds like a wonderful match for your family too.

Cosmo is quite a handsome fellow. I hope he gets a home soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

What a great adoption deal! A BOGO for cats!
Yes, it is a great deal...but so sad to think that there are so many cats there now that they have to offer a deal like that just so they don't have to put them to sleep.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

what a gorgeous girl! her colors are very bold, looks like a bit of an attitude too
Yes, I thought she look like she might have an attitude...just what we need when our Annabelle is the queen of tortitude

Originally Posted by eilcon

She's gorgeous!
Sounds like a wonderful match for your family too.

Cosmo is quite a handsome fellow. I hope he gets a home soon.
I was thrilled when I saw that it said she was good with kids....the last time I was there so many had signs on their cages that they weren't good with other cats or that they won't good with kids, or both.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've got a BOGO adoption deal on cats here.
Have had it for the past 6 months.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is sad the these "deals" are necessary and aparently in some cases even a discount kitty is hard to adopt.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She really is beautiful! I love the calicos; unfortunately my wife does not so I guess I'll never have the pleasure of adopting one...

One thing I've noticed about Petfinder listings --- sometimes the shelters/rescue groups are careless and use the wrong age classification. For example, I've seen 6-7 year olds classified as "young" and as "senior", neither of which I feel applies ("adult" seems more appropriate), though "senior" is at least a little closer to reality. Since there is no hard and fast rule, I guess differernt words mean different age ranges to different people. Bottom line --- "young" probably is accurate but she may turn out to be older than you would have expected.

Good luck!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, great markings on the calico. Poor Cosmo - I hope someone takes him home!

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! her face looks just like my old cat Molly! Just gorgeous! I'm sure she'd be lucky to have you

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's very beautiful.. it is sad how people give their pets away when they move.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

She's very beautiful.. it is sad how people give their pets away when they move.
Yes, it is very sad
That's the main reason I was drawn to her, the poor little sweetheart.
We bought this house almost 2 years ago...granted we moved less than half a mile from our old house...but if it had been 2,000 miles we'd have moved Heaven and earth to make sure our furkids moved with us.
I wouldn't leave my human kids behind and I sure wouldn't leave the furry ones behind either.

We're going over on Tuesday to see if she likes us.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, I hope all goes well with your visit and that you end up bringing the little sweetie home!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but I think I may have to try and talk hubby into getting two cats.
I have no idea how I missed this sweetie when I was looking the other day.
She looks so much like our RB girl Lizzie that it brought tears to my eyes...who knows, maybe Lizzie wanted me to go back today and find her picture.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10126191