vet tech=kennel worker??

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I asked everyone for vibes to get a job, but it turns out that it isnt for a vet tech!! They are misleading people~big time!!

How can they do that??? Oh, because thats the only way they can get applicants!!
Or so says the woman that works there!!

Im sorry but 6.50 an hr is not worth it to just clean up poopy!!! *shrugs*

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$6.50 an hour?! That's ridiculous. Here, our minimum wage is $8.05 right now and it's supposed to go up again this month. They shouldn't be misleading people like that and they should be paying more.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Minimum wage varies from place to place because of the cost of living. Cost of living in most of the cities in Canada are way higher than those of many of the US states, in particular the southern states. Lower cost of living means lower minimum wages.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my....what cruddy pay for dealing with poo all day. I applied at the vet in our small town but they sent me a letter saying they hired someone more qualified

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As Linda said, the Canadian minimum wage varies from Province to Province depending on the cost of living of the area. The Canadian cost of living is usually much higher than the US, hence the large difference in minimum wage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, that sucks Monica
What a misleading thing they are doing there.
Exactly!!! I am slightly po'ed!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$6.50 an hour
in California, it is $8/hr - as a the wife of a small business owner, we really feel the crunch, but I cannot ethically pay less than a person would make at a fast food restaurant (and FF provides health insurance) and McDonalds and Burger King start a person out at $8.15.
Sending better-than-that-job prayers and vibes

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

$6.50 an hour
in California, it is $8/hr - as a the wife of a small business owner, we really feel the crunch, but I cannot ethically pay less than a person would make at a fast food restaurant (and FF provides health insurance) and McDonalds and Burger King start a person out at $8.15.
Sending better-than-that-job prayers and vibes
Wow, that's a big difference between states. When I was working at a Burger King in FL, I was getting just $6.25 an hour.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Oh boy, I really hate it when people are misleading in their job offers.

I went for an interview once at a call center which had advertised jobs in "customer services". Turns out they were hiring for telemarketing. When I asked them why the ad said customer service, they explained to me that calling people to sell them stuff was a service, so they call it customer service.
Keep that in mind next time a telemarketer calls and tries to sell you something. Remember to show them how grateful you are for the "service".

Good luck with the job search!