I'll be getting my baby sugar glider on Sunday!!!!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll be getting #5 this sunday!
I'm super duper excited!

Her name is Lalana Silvara(the breeder named her Lalana, but I named her Silvara, lol) and she's SOOOOOOOOOO cute!
Unlike the standard gray glider, she's REALLY light-colored and looks silver, rather then gray. For any of ya'll that are familiar with gliders...she's a WFB/100% leu het.

She's so chubby! I LOVE it! lol

I'm going nuts preparing for her arrival and just got finished setting up her new cage today. All it needs are toys! What do ya'll think, will she like it?

Ok, I'll quit blabbing, lol. I'm just so excited!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so gorgeous!! Ok, I'm stupid, but what is a glider? She looks like a combination of a mouse and a squirrel. I've never heard of a glider before. Whatever she is, she is precious. And, I think she will be very happy with her cage. It certainly is huge!

Congrats on your new addition!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

She is so gorgeous!! Ok, I'm stupid, but what is a glider? She looks like a combination of a mouse and a squirrel. I've never heard of a glider before. Whatever she is, she is precious. And, I think she will be very happy with her cage. It certainly is huge!

Congrats on your new addition!

I looked glider up in the dictionary and the only definition is:

a type of airplane that rides air currents without an engine

Well, she sure is a pretty airplane!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I looked glider up in the dictionary and the only definition is:

a type of airplane that rides air currents without an engine

Well, she sure is a pretty airplane!
She certainly is the cutest airplane I've ever seen!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness that is quite the cage!!!!!

I'm jealous about your little cutie!!!! I would get one but I have a problem with pets that bite
Even if it doesn't hurt.....I just don't like them. I won't even get a bird because I don't want to be bit!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A sugar glider is from the opposum family. They can glider, like a flying squirrel and eat lots of fruit(as well as veggies, bugs, etc...), thus the name Sugar Gliders.
They're native to Australia(and one other place, can't remember where :p ).

They have to have a big cage in order to have room to play. That doesn't really give her room to glider though, so I always take my babies out of the cage each night to give em room to play.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you guys approve of the cage. Just 2 more days to find out if ya'll are right, lol.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a Cutie!!!

I LOVE the cage!!! can I live in it??

Is all that Bedding Hand Made?? it looks like you used the "No Sew" Technique..? ((I used that technique to make my Rats Hammock and Wall Pouch))

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Is all that Bedding Hand Made?? it looks like you used the "No Sew" Technique..? ((I used that technique to make my Rats Hammock and Wall Pouch))
Yup, I used the no-sew method to make the bedding. I made everything double-layered though and added a few of my own special touches.
I make and sell ferret bedding(the sewn stuff of course, lol), but I was too lazy to sew anything. besides, no-sew stuff is safe for gliders because if they get ahold of a thread they can hurt themselves.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took 4 3-inch wide strips of fleece(2 strips of each color) and made alternating 2-inch cuts on each side of the strip every inch. After it was cut it made a zig-zag-looking strip.
I then made 2 smaller strips and added small wiffle balls to the ends.

I'm not good at explaining things, lol. I hope that made sense.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous... the one animal that hangs out outside in my backyard and poops on my veranda during the night... and I'm not allowed to have it as a pet. But, sure, export it overseas to be bred there. Fine. Have fun with your little sugar glider. Have double fun for me, because I'll never be allowed to get one!!!!!

The second I found out that sugar gliders were pets in America, i almost killed the government
How dare they make those rules?!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tobi

I'm so jealous... the one animal that hangs out outside in my backyard and poops on my veranda during the night... and I'm not allowed to have it as a pet. But, sure, export it overseas to be bred there. Fine. Have fun with your little sugar glider. Have double fun for me, because I'll never be allowed to get one!!!!!

The second I found out that sugar gliders were pets in America, i almost killed the government
How dare they make those rules?!
Man, talk about rubbing it in your face!

I'll give my babies extra mealworms tonight and say they're from you.

It's wonderful having them as pets, but I'm jealous of YOU because you get to see them in their natural environment.
Other then all the poop, lol, it must be amazing watching them glide from tree to tree! Min only get to glider from my hand to hubby's head, lol.

they'll have their very own room once we have a house.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sugar Gliders are sooo cute!! Love her chubbiness!
Her face is adorable

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I don't have any pics of mine in flight.
It's really hard to catch a pic of them in mid flight, especially since hubby doesn't like to take pics and I can't do it well myself, lol.

If you google "sugar glider picture" then I'm sure you can come across some flight pics.