What are your plans for Valentines?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wondered what everyone was doing, or wasn't doing for this day. Tristan and i go away to a tourist park for a week as a joined Valentines/Birthday retreat. It's out in the bush and really clean and pretty, they have a swimming pool and beautiful scenery. The cabins are modern and fully decked out with big bathroom, kitchen, queen sized bed, tv/dvd, and importantly air conditioning lol. This will be our second time there. Even with looking for work, and having more room at this new house, i rarely get actual 'alone' time with my fiance, so i treasure the time and freedom we have together, away from civilisation.

What about you guys?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure Kevin has to work...and I havent gotten my new schedule yet..We will probably go to the new japanese place
Your plans sound fun!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we are having a delayed one as i will have to work till 10 pm that night. Its a toss between Paris or Venice. so we will be having our valentines towards late march.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, my boyfriend is out of town on the actual day and through that weekend, so we will have a nice dinner this coming Saturday evening.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John isn't very big on celebrating Valentine's Day. Our first V-Day together we went to a Mexican restaurant and he said he wants to go there again this year just because he loves the food there... I'm trying to talk him out of it though because the food there definitely does not like me!
I'd love it if he'd plan something special but that's just not the kind of guy that he is.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going to the circus next weekend for our Valentines/Anniversary celebration. This will be the 3rd year we've gone for it

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentines day will be our 10th wedding anniversary
...DH could not wait to give me my anniversary gift so he gave it to me last night...A pink sapphire and diamond ring...it's beautiful...Sapphire is my
Bella's
birthstone. We are going to dinner the day after V-day because we couldn't get into our favorite restaurant on V-day and I will make his favorite dinner on the 14th
Oh and I got him a Ipod Touch

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Valentines day will be our 10th wedding anniversary
...DH could not wait to give me my anniversary gift so he gave it to me last night...A pink sapphire and diamond ring...it's beautiful...Sapphire is my
Bella's
birthstone. We are going to dinner the day after V-day because we couldn't get into our favorite restaurant on V-day and I will make his favorite dinner on the 14th
Oh and I got him a Ipod Touch
Awwww, Helen, that sounds gorgeous!

I think John & I will be going to Famous Daves for a good dinner & maybe some shopping?

Otherwise, nothing special.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I just wondered what everyone was doing, or wasn't doing for this day. Tristan and i go away to a tourist park for a week as a joined Valentines/Birthday retreat. It's out in the bush and really clean and pretty, they have a swimming pool and beautiful scenery. The cabins are modern and fully decked out with big bathroom, kitchen, queen sized bed, tv/dvd, and importantly air conditioning lol. This will be our second time there. Even with looking for work, and having more room at this new house, i rarely get actual 'alone' time with my fiance, so i treasure the time and freedom we have together, away from civilisation.

What about you guys?
Wow, you really know how to do this day up right! Well, I have reservations for one of the finest restaurants in Dallas. Last year I sent DW flowers at work and signed them "your secret admirer". If she had not said anything, I would have been worried. But she was on me right away when I denied sending anything.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have NO idea. I suggested we both get massages. We don't want to spend alot of money and I haven't a clue what to get him. I'm thinking a nice massage then dinner and wine at home so we can relax and enjoy the wine and each other.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like Valentines Day and neither does my boyfriend so it works out well for us! Just another day!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typically I don't celebrate that day because it's the day that my Mother died and I feel that celebrating would be like celebrating her death.

This year I am going to the library though. I haven't been since October and I've run out of books to read and have renewed the books the maximum 5 times, so I have to return them and it's the only free day that I have to do that.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans as of yet. Last yr when we attended the garden expo in Madison I picked out a valentine gift from one of the gift vendor booths and will probably do the same this year.

I have a tin of candy purchased for Neil. We probably won't dine out but I will make something yummy for dinner.

Flowers would be nice though (*sigh*)

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Board meeting next weekend, so I'll be in San Diego working on Valentine's Day. Last year it was the same thing, so I got a bunch of little Valentine's cards and left them ALL over the house before I left. I'll probably do something along those lines this year. DH isn't big on Valentine's Day, so any time I'm away for it, he uses the opportunity to just skip it alltogether.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just ordered a gift set of the Ghostbuster movies and a little book with it. I'm leaning more toward a nice quiet diner at home and maybe some sexy desert.