Vacuums.....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since adopting Dakota, I've realized my Bissell vacuum (which is 2nd hand) isn't gonna cut it.
But since I'm not able to afford a Dyson (yet) I wanted to know everyone's opinion on a cheaper model vacuum.. Say.. under $60?

I know... I'm asking alot
But it's worth a shot

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dirt Devil does a really good job on the hair - I think we picked it up for about $60 at a Thanksgiving sale...I don't remember the model but its full-sized and purple, canister type. The only thing I wish it had was an upholstery brush.

I don't think its so good on dander though - I'm going to have to find a better way to suck that up! People keep coming over and telling me my house smells like cats. I don't even know what that smells like, they're not talking about litter boxes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

My Dirt Devil does a really good job on the hair - I think we picked it up for about $60 at a Thanksgiving sale...I don't remember the model but its full-sized and purple, canister type. The only thing I wish it had was an upholstery brush.

I don't think its so good on dander though - I'm going to have to find a better way to suck that up! People keep coming over and telling me my house smells like cats. I don't even know what that smells like, they're not talking about litter boxes!
Well, I don't have a problem much with Tonka's hair anymore(furminator!
) .. It's Dakota now (siberian husky who is in the middle of shedding his winder coat
)
I have hair EVERYWHERE!

Im actually thinking about this one http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...keyword=vacuum

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It certainly got good reviews!

Can't you use you Furminator on the dog too? That might help cut back on his shedding too.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

It certainly got good reviews!

Can't you use you Furminator on the dog too? That might help cut back on his shedding too.
I have a couple times.. he's not too keen on it

He's actually going through what's called "blowing".. CHUNKS of his undercoat fall out.... whenever they please.
Plus, when him and Jake get to playing, he rolls on the floor on my area rug and it looks like someone shaved him

Sears has a sale on Vacuums right now!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any suggestions for a vacumn at that price but I had a Siberian Husky years ago. I couldn't believe all the fur that he shed when he was blowing his coat. He did it twice a year and I couldn't believe he had any fur left when he was done. I would brush him out and put the fur in one of those brown grocery bags and completely fill it. Within less than 24 hours he would have the little chunks of fur sitting on his coat again. He was such a sweet dog though so I didn't mind dealing with it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I don't have any suggestions for a vacumn at that price but I had a Siberian Husky years ago. I couldn't believe all the fur that he shed when he was blowing his coat. He did it twice a year and I couldn't believe he had any fur left when he was done. I would brush him out and put the fur in one of those brown grocery bags and completely fill it. Within less than 24 hours he would have the little chunks of fur sitting on his coat again. He was such a sweet dog though so I didn't mind dealing with it.
Souns just like Dakota
He looks so funny with little chunks of fur missing

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't recommend a vacuum... my last two were free!
The one we have now is a bag upright Dirt Devil that my hubby pulled out of the dumpster at our apartment.

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I have a couple times.. he's not too keen on it

He's actually going through what's called "blowing".. CHUNKS of his undercoat fall out.... whenever they please.
Plus, when him and Jake get to playing, he rolls on the floor on my area rug and it looks like someone shaved him
DH's dog (at his parents) is half huskie and half chow and seems to always be blowing his coat. It's like puppy tumbleweed.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Royal Dirt Devil finally expires (the on/off switch doesn't work currently) I think I'm going to replace it with another one. I stopped at the vaccuum shop that I bought this one at many many years ago-can't think of cost but was way under $100 unless you wanted the one with the HEPA filter. Vaccuum shops can be very competitive on price compared to the big box stores and may have good used ones too.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under $60!? That is going to be tricky Alycia

I have a Hoover Cyclone (or something to that effect) and it was $99 I think..it is pretty good though