Woohoo

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

123 hours since my last smoke!!!!!

Chantix is working. I stopped smoking on the 7th day which is the first day of the 2nd pack. Mom is doing great also.

No side effects from either of us. You still crave and get moody but it isn't comparable to cold turkey.

If you are looking into quitting ask your doctor about this pill. We both had to get blood work before our's approved it. You would be surprised how many insurance companies cover the cost.

Please don't push a love one into smoking. It doesn't help the situation and more than likely they will resist. You have to quit when you are ready and without lectures. Remember most smokers light up when stressed.

Vibes for anyone wanting to quit.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!
You go, girl!

What is this Chantix stuff?? I've never heard of it.
I'd like to quit the nasty habit myself, but don't have the willpower..

Keep up the good work!!

~KK~

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats! You go girl!!

(I'd be great at being the stupid cheerleading section!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Everyone! I still can't believe I don't smoke now.

Originally Posted by KittKatt

Good for you!
You go, girl!

What is this Chantix stuff?? I've never heard of it.
I'd like to quit the nasty habit myself, but don't have the willpower..

Keep up the good work!!

~KK~
Chantix is a pill that you take for 28 days at a time. You can take it longer if need be. It blocks the nicotine from releasing dopamine which makes you crave them. You can smoke while on the pill to. Both Mom and I did. Mom had to quit the day before her surgery (should have been sooner but...) and I didn't pick a quit date. Each day I smoked less and less. Friday of my last smoke I had 3. It could have been 2 but I figured I would try to quit that night and smoke just one more. The cigs begin to taste really nasty and I know longer got satifaction from them.

I tried Smoke Away a few years ago and it just wasn't for me. I was hallucinating and very nauseous. I didn't last past 8 hours.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! Quitting smoking is one of the most difficult things I have ever done. You should be very proud of yourself!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on making a big effort to improve your health. Can you breathe easier and does food taste better yet??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Congratulations on making a big effort to improve your health. Can you breathe easier and does food taste better yet??
So far I haven't noticed a change in my breathing. Oddly enough I wake feeling like I smoked a pack. I think it might be time to see the doctor about that.

Coffee tastes different for sure. I am afraid some food I liked I won't anymore. Mom is wondering the same thing. She loves strong coffee but she is finding it hard to drink it now.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crazyforinfo;2166743 said:

123 hours since my last smoke!!!!!

Chantix is working. I stopped smoking on the 7th day which is the first day of the 2nd pack. Mom is doing great also.

No side effects from either of us. You still crave and get moody but it isn't comparable to cold turkey.

If you are looking into quitting ask your doctor about this pill. We both had to get blood work before our's approved it. You would be surprised how many insurance companies cover the cost.

Please don't push a love one into smoking. It doesn't help the situation and more than likely they will resist. You have to quit when you are ready and without lectures. Remember most smokers light up when stressed.

Vibes for anyone wanting to quit.

I guit in Sept. of 2007 ( using chantix) It was so easy,I never had it refilled after the first package.
Great job!!!