An unbeatable combination- Plain Brown Tabby treats

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my recent rescues had the misfortune of getting mauled by a feral dog. The kitten was rescued in the nick of time and has been recovering here. He is a feral kitty so contact with him is nebulous at best.

I decided to incorporate clicker training and treat offering for him to try and gain his trust. I used Plain Brown Tabby's treats Wildside Salmon and Grandma Lucy's freeze-dried chicken. (Thanks Pat for the recommendations and for sending them so quickly!)

First bite of Wildside, Livingston crawled into my lap for more!
This was first contact on his part and it thrilled me. He has grown to understand that the clicker symbolizes good things- food and love. But his desire for this treat released his inhibitions and he scooted into my lap and looked at me like "Feed me more NOW!" I am so thrilled. He has spent so much time underneath our futon, I was going to change his name to Dustball!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful! What better than tasty treats to help a boy overcome his fear? "Sir Livingston Dustball I" has a nice ring to it
You're doing great with him.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great.. it sounds like you're going to make tons of progress with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Glad to see that you are making such strides - you are a real "cat whisperer". You could write a great book
I actually am and should hear within 30 days if the proposal is a go

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is Sir Livingston Dustball I....... hiding as usual

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he's beautiful! I'm so glad that he's come so far. I'm not surprised that the Wildside Salmon was the motivator, though...both my boys are crazy for them!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That poor baby! What a traumatic experience! So glad he's coming around a little bit!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my goodness is he precious!!!

I am going to have to get some of those treats, maybe they'll get Dite in MY lap