Gas station ordeal

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OKay, I REALLY should not have gotten out of bed today. I have not had a day like this in a long long time..

I stopped to get gas on the way home..I went to full serve because its freezing rain. The guy sticks the gas nozel in my gastank...and leaves it be just guzzling away.

I go to get out of the car to pay debit inside the little gas house..and I step in a huge puddle of GAS!! He screams "DON'T STEP IN THAT!"..I say "is that gas!??!" I am in disbelief that I just soaked my whole boot and foot in gas..

He had let my gastank over flow..and there was gas all over the side of my car!!

He squeegees the side of my car off..then says $48.00 please..I say "I HAVE NEVER PAID MORE THAN $38 TO FILL MY CAR AND I AM NOT PAYING FOR YOUR SPILL!!"

He then says "okay how about $46?"

I say "HELL NO"..OMG I almost killed him.

Then we agreed on $40
I took my gas soaked boot and sock off and drove home. (I wasn't sure the gas would harm my skin or not).

I have thrown the boots out and the socks..I can't imagine I can get the gas out all the way..they were saturated.

I am going to take a note about the gas on my car, and if it does damage the paint, I will be claiming it and those gas guys will pay for it.

The perfect ending to my day
I wish I had alcohol here.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I would be so angry too!

I'm sorry that happened. I would still report it to the manager anyway. Especially his "negotiations"

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

He then says "okay how about $46?"

I say "HELL NO"..OMG I almost killed him.
Wow, a freaking $2 difference, I would've just slapped him right there.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang you did have a bad day. Lock the door and don't answer the phone tonight.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could have saved the boot and used it to start a bonfire...that would have been kind of festive!
No?
Nevermind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

You could have saved the boot and used it to start a bonfire...that would have been kind of festive!
No?
Nevermind.

I might have jumped into it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all I can say is OMG! you have a full-serve station???? Those are unheard of around here!!

I would have been pretty ticked off too
that must have been a whole lotta gas to saturate your sock and boot- what an idiot!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Nat i'm sorry. Some people can be such jerks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

all I can say is OMG! you have a full-serve station???? Those are unheard of around here!!

I would have been pretty ticked off too
that must have been a whole lotta gas to saturate your sock and boot- what an idiot!
Yeah we have full serve all over the place around here. The self serve are more common, but we do have some full.

The gas had poured itself into a nice pothole that was right beside my car...so when I stepped into it, it was literally a bowl of gas. So gross.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yeah we have full serve all over the place around here. The self serve are more common, but we do have some full.

The gas had poured itself into a nice pothole that was right beside my car...so when I stepped into it, it was literally a bowl of gas. So gross.
Not only gross but dangerous!
They would be in a world of trouble if there was a spark!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Not only gross but dangerous!
They would be in a world of trouble if there was a spark!
Well, not as much as you might think actually. all that would happen in the worst case scenario is the pumps themselves would explode. That's about it. They have an incredible amount of safety features to ensure that the fire doesn't make it to their reserve thanks underground. So instead of getting an explosion that incinerates everything within a 250-foot radius like movies would suggest, you just end up with a small explosion that's not lethal unless you are grabbing the pump.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yikes... , maybe you shouldn't leave your house anymore today.

want I should take care of those guys for ya?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you didn't have to pay the $48. What an idiot. There must be something wrong with his pump because they are supposed to have that automatic shut off when the level gets to a certain point. Maybe he has been doing this on purpose to charge people more.

I use diesel fuel and the Petro-Can where I usually stop on my way home won't allow us to pump our own diesel and I don't know why really since other places allow self-serve diesel, but it's nice to get that service. They have the self-service gas pumps on the other side.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a jerk!!! And spilling the gas on the ground he works at a gas station he should know the risks of that happening.
Bummer about the boots too.