Can anyone recommend a good set of clippers?

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Petunia vehemently refuses to let me brush her and she's long haired. I'm talking, I come out of it dripping blood while the spawn of Satan runs around glaring and hissing until she finds a corner to protect herself in. She doesn't minds baths though (she's weird). Anyway, I took her to the groomer last time she started to matt, but ended up helping the groomer because the demon in her came out in the form of Petunia ripping the groomer's arms open and pooping on her. On the upside, I did find out Petunia had tapeworms
. Anyway, I was looking to get a set of clippers to clip Petunia with. I have experience grooming and clipping large animals and I know that a cat is different, but everyone's got to learn somewhere, right? I have been trimming her hair with scissors, but I can't get to some of the matts and I know they bother her. I know the clippers I want need to be cordless and I always used Oster with my big animals, but I see Wahl is pretty common in small animal clippers too. Anyone have a preference as to which clippers to use? Why?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Wahl brand clippers. They work well the only down is that they are kind of noisy which scares the crap outta Wickett. Of course, I think most clippers are noisy. I'd say try to look for something that is proportinate to her size. You don't want to be using monster sized clippers on a dime sized mat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I use Wahl brand clippers. They work well the only down is that they are kind of noisy which scares the crap outta Wickett. Of course, I think most clippers are noisy. I'd say try to look for something that is proportinate to her size. You don't want to be using monster sized clippers on a dime sized mat.
Thank you! I have been looking at some of the quieter clippers(or so they claim), because she is such a nervous cat that I don't want to scare her to bad. Wahl had some that were about $60, supposedly quiet, plus rechargeable and cordless.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go to the store and check their return policy to see if you can return them if they are too noisy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'd go to the store and check their return policy to see if you can return them if they are too noisy.
I will, thank you! I am either going to Petco or Southern States and I am not sure of the return policy of either so I will definately ask.