kitten to adult food question

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would it be okay if I switch my kitties over to adult catfood after they have both recovered from their fix surgeries?
I keep forgetting to ask this, and we are moving (and probably not turning the internet back on for a while) by March 1st.
I feed Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Kitten (tried Max cat, they did better on the natural choice) and plan on switching to the adult formula.
Thoughts?
Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raven is 26 weeks and Jack is 17 weeks, I was looking at switching them both in a month or so.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had no problem in switching to adult foods around 5 months old - cornish rex kittens were switched at 4 months because they were small cats when grown. Charlie was switched to adult at 5 months.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MOST of us would suggest kitten to a yr ... some say mix in the adult around 8 months.... how much do they weigh now ??? I have never had a cat under 9 lbs and that is a girl who ate kitten straight till four months ago she is now on a no frain with kitten at nearly 4 years old...

see kitten foods have extra nutrients for a growing body , most kitties grow steady till 12 months ... but they also tend to be higher in fat and protein = ing closer to natural % s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
okay, thanks, I think I will keep doing kitten then and when Raven (the oldest) turns 8 months I will start mixing in more and more adult until they are both a year and totally on adult.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

okay, thanks, I think I will keep doing kitten then and when Raven (the oldest) turns 8 months I will start mixing in more and more adult until they are both a year and totally on adult.
I think that sounds like a good idea.

I don't plan on switching Chloe to adult food until she hits a year. Right now she is almost 6 months old and was just spayed a week ago. She's a tiny girl, she hasn't hit the 5lb. mark yet.