Memphis, Tn tornados- Anyone hear from Nikki? (StarryEyedTiger)

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been parying for them! Please also include my FIL in your prayers. He is a line forman for our Power company. That line of storms will hit our area in the middle of the night and he will have to out in storm keeping people's power on. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will remember him. One of my best friends' dad was a lineman in Tn. for years. He's retired now. Not a fun job with weather systems like this one. It's supposed to come through here around 6 am tomorrow morning. They weather folks are saying we could have hurricane strength straight line winds. Eek.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I will remember him. One of my best friends' dad was a lineman in Tn. for years. He's retired now. Not a fun job with weather systems like this one. It's supposed to come through here around 6 am tomorrow morning. They weather folks are saying we could have hurricane strength straight line winds. Eek.
Thank you for praying for him!! Weather.com is saying between 4am and 6am here right now, but it keeps on changing. I just realized that we are both in Alabama! I think that I am about 140-150miles south of you (as the crow flies). I am in Thomasville. It is nice to see a fellow bamian on here! Let me know how y'all faired in the storm.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe Everyone. I cant sleep and am up watching the weather. It looks like its getting stronger. I am so scared of this kind of weather.

Many prayers and vibes for all in the path.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Groans* we're in Jasper, not in too much danger yet, just all depends on how all these guys turn. Keep your fingers crossed for us too, 'cuz I have to pack and cart out all my kits to a safe place if they call for tornado warnings for us!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. Sending lots and lots of hugs and vibes for Nikki and her clan

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good grief, I think the one i'm looking at right now is going to pass too close to me for comfort. I'm going to put the laptop up in just a few minutes and get ready to pack the kitties up if need be. God, it's times like this that I wish I didn't live in a mobile home, I'd just have a safe room, and on nights like this me, hub and kitties could all sleep there, lol!

ETA: From all accounts, this sucker is going to pass right over us, keep your prayers up and your fingers crossed my friends. My kitties rode one out in our trailer in 2002, this one we're all riding out at the bakery.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Nikki posting that they were going to start moving either today or tomorrow???

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in SW Indiana and we had a tornado warning last night. Luckily it was just NE of me. However, there are 3 known fatalities in Kentucky.

This is the third Tuesday in a row with severe storms!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be safe everyone...

This would be a wonderful time for members who live in the tornado affected areas to check with their animal shelters to see if they can offer their help.

It's hard to imagine how terrified the dogs and cats who's homes were affected are feeling.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Be safe everyone...

This would be a wonderful time for members who live in the tornado affected areas to check with their animal shelters to see if they can offer their help.

It's hard to imagine how terrified the dogs and cats who's homes were affected are feeling.
Our local shelter suffered some damage from a tornado in November 2005. (Businesses behind them were destroyed.) They tried to set up a fund to treat animals injured.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Any report, Kittenkrazy?
Her area got hit with one of the strongest storms that came through the area. Sending many vibes to you Kitten

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be waiting for news and hoping for the best!

ETA: According to the Associated Press, 48 have died in the tornadoes.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am glad to report that we made it through the storms OK!
Thank you to all for your prayer for everyone in the path of that thing! We got really lucky! It passed right over us and we got really strong storms but no tornadoes!
The kitties were really happy too-cause we let them sleep with up last night (because of the storm). We will be praying for everyone else that went through the storm!